Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#20350 - 02/28/02 12:00 PM Honeymoon in Southern Spain
Nafion Offline

Loc: USA
My fiance and I will be honeymooning in Benalmedena for approx. 9 days in later May-early June. We plan on relaxing on the coast for the first part of our trip, but we wanted to tour a bit before we left. We plan on renting a car (any suggestions for car rental at Malaga airport?). Since our time in Spain is rather limited, and we certainly do not want to feel rushed, I am curious about your feelings on a couple of days visiting Gibraltar and Cadiz or perhaps staying in small villages in the mountains north of Malaga. Your thoughts will help us decide one way or the other because neither of us have been to Spain, or for that matter, Europe before.
Thanks in advance!!!!

#20351 - 02/28/02 12:43 PM Re: Honeymoon in Southern Spain
hombre_gizon Offline

Loc: Madrid
4 years ago I spend my holidays in Torremolinos. I made a day trip to Granada by car. It was the best thing I could have done!. Granada is a really beautiful place! eek and the tapas are free when you buy a beer! eek Of course, la Alhambra is incredible and the Albaizín too.
If I recall well it was a car trip of about 90 minutes from Torremolinos to Granada ... but I'm not sure frown

[ 02-28-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#20352 - 02/28/02 01:27 PM Re: Honeymoon in Southern Spain
Miguelito Offline

Very close to Benalmádena is Mijas, a very touristic village, is pretty but very touristy, you can take a donkey-taxi.
Ronda is near also and worth a visit, maybe Nerja caves or Marbella...

#20353 - 02/28/02 07:38 PM Re: Honeymoon in Southern Spain
gsobotta Offline

Loc: Novi, MIchigan, USA
I recommend looking at www.hellehollis.com if you are interested in renting a car in Malaga. I liked the opportunity to upgrade the class of my car if I paid in advance.

While vacationing in Marbella last summer, we made day trips to Mijas, Rhonda, and Granada.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2401 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments