Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#20143 - 01/11/02 09:48 PM SAFE AREAS TO LIVE IN MADRID?
Lesley Offline

Loc: Madrid
HELLO,
I'LL BE MOVING TO MADRID IN A MONTH, SO COULD ANYONE GIVE ME SOME ADVISE ON SAFE AREAS AND/OR NOT-SO-NICE AREAS TO AVOID WHEN LOOKING FOR A STUDIO/FLAT?
THANKS,
LESLEY

#20144 - 01/13/02 11:38 AM Re: SAFE AREAS TO LIVE IN MADRID?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
OUCH!! Lesley! Why are you SHOUTING at us!!?? (CAPs means you're shouting) We can hear you LOUD and CLEAR!!

There really are few UNsafe areas in Madrid and THOSE areas are really not even totally UNsafe, maybe "less-safe" at night, but daytime is almost always fine.

The only place that comes to my mind might be Lavapies by night, but as I said, even that, only late at night. Things can happen in the best places in Madrid (or Spain, for that matter) at any time of day or night. Let's see... where else... Vallecas maybe? But that's outside of the city center and doubt you'll be considering that. Again, safe by day and practically safe by night. Anyone else?

Saludos, MadridMan

[ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#20145 - 01/13/02 06:51 PM Re: SAFE AREAS TO LIVE IN MADRID?
Lesley Offline

What? what? I can't hear you!... wink Sorry 'bout the shouting. I must be deaf...hehehe Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind during my search.
hasta pronto,
Lesley

#20146 - 01/14/02 05:40 AM Re: SAFE AREAS TO LIVE IN MADRID?
hombre_gizon Offline

Hello.

There's an area that I don´t like very much at night. It is between San Bernardo, Gran Vía and Hortaleza.

Bye.

#20147 - 01/14/02 05:04 PM Re: SAFE AREAS TO LIVE IN MADRID?
JJP Offline

Loc: ca.eeuu
hombre_gizon,

Is this area unsafe, or you just don't like the area from a personal perspective.

I ask because a friend and I walked through this area at dusk, sundown, and I got this vibe it might not be the safest.

San Francisco is like this - one moment you're in a wonderful area, and then in second you're into a mess.

Just curious about this area - to be avoided? Or not that unsafe...?

#20148 - 01/24/02 04:38 PM Re: SAFE AREAS TO LIVE IN MADRID?
missmadrid98 Offline

just don't move anywhere in the south of madrid.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1781 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments