Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19891 - 10/09/01 05:23 PM Mallorca - Things to do.
el Perrito Offline

Loc: Suecia
It seems as if I will get an irresistable offer to go to Mallorca the 28th. Now, if get a week of I'll go but what would you all recommend for places to go and for doing (except biking and the cathedral).

I see temperatures in the low 20s at the moment can this be expected to last or is it likely to be colder ? I would expect November/December to be the rainiest month, so I should expect rain every other day, or ??

Recommendations of restaurants serving fish or sea-food. Other eat-outs. Good bars and Cafes anything you can think of will be highly appreciated.

#19892 - 10/09/01 05:56 PM Re: Mallorca - Things to do.
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi el Perrito! Try the SEARCH link above/right, type MALLORCA as your keyword, and you'll find a number of threads on the topic in this forum.

As for fun things to do/see there, try the same search in the "Food, Drink, & Entertainment" forum.

I haven't been outside of mainland Spain myself, but hope to some day. Good luck and have fun!!!

[ 10-09-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#19893 - 10/09/01 05:58 PM Re: Mallorca - Things to do.
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi, El Perrito, I have stayed in the resorts of Cala d'Or and Alcudia. Cala d'Or is a beautiful place with a hippodrome, marina and so many seafood resturants to choose from. There are several beaches, weather permitting, and glass bottomed boat trips around the bay. This could be said to be a millionaires paradise. The boats in the marina are luxurious and you will see many a Rolls Royce or Harley Davidson parked nearby.
Alcudia has a beautiful expanse of beach and here you will find all kinds of nightlife. The Old Town has a weekly market and roman walls and ruins to see.
Go for it and enjoy.

#19894 - 10/14/01 04:47 PM Re: Mallorca - Things to do.
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
Leave Palma Nova and Magalluf well alone!

#19895 - 11/04/01 03:45 AM Re: Mallorca - Things to do.
pete.uk Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I have spent a couple of holidays in Malloraca.
Pouerto Pollensa is a great quiet location with good beach and nice restaurants. Away from the crowds.Good walks from the town accross the peninsula to next beach through mountains. Plenty of bird life if thats your thing.
Pollensa town in land about 5 km has a good walk up steps and overlooks whole area.
Definite must see.
The inland mountainous area is worth a visit.

#19896 - 11/06/01 09:48 AM Re: Mallorca - Things to do.
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
You'll find some good ideas here http://mallorca.balearics.com/index2.html

I would certainly not miss the Caves of Drach http://mallorca.balearics.com/dracha.html

And mick nick's right - don't bother with Palma Nova and Magalluf
eek

#19897 - 11/07/01 06:48 AM Re: Mallorca - Things to do.
el Perrito Offline

Hi all.... Breif resume of last week.

Arrived at Palma around noon on sat 27th. Bus to Palma touristoffice at 1.30. Lunch at plaza d Espana. Hotell fixed at 3. Afternoon spent walking in Palma. Dinner at el Pilon (excellent), and so the week went on. Excellent ! Not one single "deseastre".

Weather was great (one day of rain only) not many tourists, trips to Soller and it's Puerto, Banyalbufar, Valledemossa, Alcudia, Pollenca, el Faro of colmar.... or something. Shopping, Golfing (my friend not me), "beach-jogging" and so it went on.

Yes you can have an excellent vacation in Palma in October.

Fun things (highlights): Boatwatching (including Clintons trip from Palma). Security at Israel and Palestine summit (never seen som many Guardia Civiles with cars, boats, choppers, you name it.)

Dia de los santos : 1. Check out the Brittons at Escape Bar in Palma (party hearty) 2. They had to call in the local police to direct the traffic around the Palma cementery (which in itself is woth a visit, huge).

Apart from El Pilon a great restaurant that has a striking resemblance wiht Casa Mingo in Madrid (see string above), I have forgot the name though.

Nightlife, like always in Spain, fabulous.

Swimming nude outside Banyalbufar.

Palmanova, Hotel called Mimosa Palace(we returned to the scene of the crime 15 years later, what memories).

Leave alone : Tourist settlements and Urbanisaciones (Palmanova, Magaluf, Sta Ponca). La Loncha in Palma. I you have seen Catedrales, Castillos, Murallas e.t.c Mallorca has nothing new to offer. Valdemossa, full of tourists even this time of year.

If I find something else worthwile to tell, I'll be back

smile

#19898 - 11/07/01 11:20 AM Re: Mallorca - Things to do.
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Oops! I thought I saw in your original message that you leave on 28th Nov! I realise that it actually reads 28th. Now.

Silly boy Anchovy :o Still, I'm glad you enjoyed your trip, el Perrito. I'd go along with everything you said. I spent a few days last summer at the beach resorts of Arenal and C'an Pastilla (?) and the area is swamped with Germans of all ages, who concentrate on frying during the day cool and having a great wild time by night. eek Must return soon!

#19899 - 11/08/01 06:14 AM Re: Mallorca - Things to do.
el Perrito Offline

Yes I'll definately go back. Maybe this spring.

You'll se me biking and hiking, patinando en el Passeig (paseo) Maritimo, mirando futbol y en la noche la Plaza Gomilla. Hay de toda classe.

And we didn't go to the west coast to see the salinas this time even.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mah-g, Ricardo Mata
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1736 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments