Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19441 - 06/04/01 12:37 PM greetings from green spain
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
hi all. here i am, in gijon at a nice internet place....just spent 5 glorious days in la corunya, with summerlike temperatures, sun, swimming pool, beach, seafood, albarinyo wine, etc etc. now i am in gijon, which, no offense to you asturianos on the board, cannot compare w.- la corunya but is still lovely, especially in the parador. Off to cangas de onis, then oviedo.... hey, the bancotel thing works really well and i'm glad to have discovered it. <yes, the north of spain is green and you may be green w- envy, but i am

feliz de la vida en estas tierras

#19442 - 06/04/01 01:25 PM Re: greetings from green spain
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
Rgf-
So glad to hear you're enjoying yourself. How could you not be!!? In a few weeks I'm off to Cádiz for a summer course at the U. there. Yipee! Time to start making some plans!!
I hope to explore la España Verde one day in the not so distant future. Que te lo pases bien, rgf.
Jen laugh

#19443 - 06/04/01 04:39 PM Re: greetings from green spain
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
Glad to hear summer has arrived in that part of Spain. I'll be in Cantabria in less than 4 weeks and had worried it might still be a little chilly up there. I'll look forward to hearing more about your visit. Enjoy

#19444 - 06/04/01 08:51 PM Re: greetings from green spain
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
rgf,I was wondering how you were doing! I'm so glad to hear you are doing REALLY WELL! So happy the weather has been good! I can't wait to hear more details. Galicia is amazing! I can't wait...I only have a few more weeks til I am back too. ( I just have to get through typing and then grading finals! ugh!
Anyway, keep us posted!

#19445 - 06/05/01 01:39 PM Re: greetings from green spain
rgf Offline
Executive Member

thanks for all the greetings back! last night a saw the most wonderful flamenco ballet (yes >MM you can move this to another topic thread!) Sara Baras and company, in a work based on the life of Juana la Loca. aMAZING dancing, and the cantaores were splendid. I had my first bottle of SIDRA today-- the kind they splash as they pòur it. off to cangas de onis-- maybe i´ll post again from oviedo.

#19446 - 06/08/01 10:25 AM Re: greetings from green spain
esq Offline

Loc: miami,fl
Don't forget to have a fabada with the sidrilla!!!!!

#19447 - 06/08/01 06:18 PM Re: greetings from green spain
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
rgf: Careful in Covadonga...I'm sure jealous of your trip! As to the prior post, I will add my dos pesetas: "Con fabes y sidrina, non fai falta gasolina". And what's the favorite cookie in Asturias? The hórreo... rolleyes

#19448 - 06/10/01 04:32 AM Re: greetings from green spain
rgf Offline
Executive Member

oh, i have ahd about 4 bottles of sidrina and lots of fabada, queso de cabrales... oviedo is absolutely stunning. a wonderful city, with much to see, espec. the preromanico art. saludos and that is all for now, at 150 ptas per 15 mins... where is easy everything in oviedo!

#19449 - 06/10/01 01:11 PM Re: greetings from green spain
Castiza Offline

Loc: Madrid
rgf, have you learned how to "escanciar" sidra? It's really funny!

#19450 - 06/11/01 02:33 PM Re: greetings from green spain
rgf Offline
Executive Member

nope, didnt learn the way to escanciar la sidra, but i loved watching all the waiters do it! I am now in la corunya, in the wonderful hotel finisterre -- unfortch, not with bancotel this time because it isnt the weekend. I have a view of the whole harbor, and just spent some time in the pool (following siesta, of course). I strongly recommend travel to galicia and asturias in june if you can-- the weather is just as likely to be good or lousy in june, and the tourist season hasnt begun.

saludos y hasta la vuelta (thurs)

[ 06-24-2001: Message edited by: rgf ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3024 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments