I read a post about Barcelona day tours and I thought I should post something about the ones in Madrid.

Descubre Madrid

Descubre Madrid . More than 100 different walking tours that take places througout the year (October - July).

Three of them are weekly visits:

"El ayuntamiento por dentro" - Mondays at 17:00
"Visitas al Teatro Real" - Sundays at 11:00
"Paseos por el Madrid de los Austrias" - Saturdays (in English at 10:00 and in Spanish at 11:00).

All tours are guided tours with a professional guide from the "Patronato Municipal de Turismo". Some tours are on bus but most of them are walking tours.

IMPORTANT: As far as I know, the only tour available in English is "Paseos por el Madrid de los Austrias" (Walkings through the Hapsburg Madrid). The rest of them are in Spanish only.

Madrid Vision (tourist bus)

Read my post about it here .

Tren de la Fresa

Fancy a tour in an old steam train?. Then try this tour, including also a city tour and visits to the Royal Palace, Jardín de la Isla, Museo de Falúas and Museo "Aranjuez Una Gran Fiesta".

More information here

Tren de Cervantes

This is a special day tour organised by the Concejalía de Turismo de Alcalá de Henares and Renfe. It includes a direct train from Atocha and a guided visit in Alcalá.

More information here .

Trapsa tours, Pullman tours, Julia Tours

These bus companies organise different tours and day trips in Madrid and to the surrounding cities. They all have the same tours / prices / schedules.

Bike tours

For those of you who want to visit Madrid in a different way, you can do it on a bike. Bravo bike is a travel agency that organise tours in Madrid and its surroundings.

Proffesional guides

You can also hire a proffesional guide. They can arrange tailor-made visits for you. Prices depend on what you want to do & see but if you are a group of people - let's say 10 - it's not very expensive.

Here is a list of Professional Tourist Guides Associations

A.P.I.T
Ferraz, 82
Tel: 91 542 12 14
Fax: 91 541 12 21

COSITUR
Marqués de Cubas, 12
Tel: 91 429 89 65

SPOT
Pedro Texeira, 8
Tel: 91 555 76 43

AEPT
Gran Via, 69
Tel: 91 559 18 52

Enjoy Madrid!!!!. smile

PS: I hope to have all these information and more at the new version of my site. I'll announce it when it's ready... some day...

[ 06-09-2001: Message edited by: Antonio ]