Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19451 - 06/05/01 10:02 PM Neighborhoods in Madrid/Tetuan
edeli Offline

Loc: NYC, NY USA
Anybody know anything about the neighborhood near the Tetuan (BLUE LINE) subway stop? If so, please share. What kind of area is it? Young, old, plenty of restaurants, etc. Thanks!

#19452 - 06/06/01 05:14 AM Re: Neighborhoods in Madrid/Tetuan
Miguelito Offline

The main street is Bravo Murillo, is always very busy and there are lots of shops, it's close also to some cinemas. To the east side of the street there are a lot of restaurants, some of them very good. It's close to Santiago Bernabeu and AZCA, where there are a lot of oficces and a Corte Inglés.
In the west side of the street, a little bit to the south, around Alvarado, there is a big concentration of dominicans inmigrants, so there are a lot of shops for them like hairdressers, tropical bars and telephone boxes. There is a very Caribean environment.
A little bit to the north there is a very nice square with lots of terrazas with all the children playing around, there is also a little rastro on sundays, and a park not very big 5 or 10 minutes walking...
Dehesa de la Villa, a big park is not far.
If you want to know something else I know the zone more or less OK.

#19453 - 06/06/01 06:12 AM Re: Neighborhoods in Madrid/Tetuan
nevado Offline

Yep, Miguelito said it...if you want hair extensions, that's the place to go! On the east side there is a large Asian population with many shops dealing in Asian imports (food, cooking utensils, etc.) If you're in the market for a good wok for under 2000 pts. or some sesame oil, that's the place to head to. I'm still searching for cucumber Kimch'i, though!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2143 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments