Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19280 - 05/06/01 12:36 AM Sitges or Barcelona--beaches?
Olga Offline

I will be in Barcelona in mid-May. I'd like to spend some time on the beach. I was wondering if Barcelona's beach is ok for swimming or it is better to take a train/bus to Sitges? Also, what is the approximate temperature of the water in the mid-May?

#19281 - 05/06/01 03:04 AM Re: Sitges or Barcelona--beaches?
augustus28 Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
When I was there, I considered taking a trip to Sitges. But honestly, I had a Eurail pass and didn't want to use a day or the money. My recommendation is the beach in Barcelona. You can take the metro to get there, so it's cheap, and it was a very nice beach. I mean, it's not bali or anything ;), but you can sit out on beach chairs and go swimming. I found it as a convenient and cheap way to go to the beach w/out trekking to Sitges.

#19282 - 05/06/01 09:08 AM Re: Sitges or Barcelona--beaches?
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Sitges is only a 30 minute train ride. Also try El Masnou to the north or Castelldefels to the south, both closer, both via train.

Barcelona beaches are a bit chungo if you get my hint.

#19283 - 05/06/01 03:14 PM Re: Sitges or Barcelona--beaches?
Honest Goose Offline

Hi there

I´m in Barcelona at the moment and, funnily enough, went down to one of the beaches today. There are about 4, all with a different atmosphere, which are all perfectly adequate. My only addition to the above suggestion would be to walk there, rather than catch the metro, along the harbour front as its quite magical - especially when the sun is shining, the catalan people are dancing the sardana and live music is drifting from Barcelonetta. Aaah!!! I don´t want to go home.

Have a great stay in Barcelona and remember to have a couple of glasses of cava at the dirt cheap bar on C/Reina Cristina at Barcelonetta.

Honest Goose

#19284 - 05/06/01 03:19 PM Re: Sitges or Barcelona--beaches?
Olga Offline

Thanks to everyone.

Honest Goose, what is the temperature of the water right now?

#19285 - 05/16/01 04:02 PM Re: Sitges or Barcelona--beaches?
Honest Goose Offline

Sorry Olga, I've only just been able to get back on line so haven't been able to reply to your question. I guess your in Barcelona right now - lucky you - so I hope the water is warm enough. Have a great stay

Honest Goose

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2012 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments