Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19099 - 03/25/01 10:53 PM city suggestions???
Lindsaywmoore Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA USA
Hey everyone! I am taking a month long trip to Spain this july & am taking suggestions about where to stay. I was in Spain three years ago to study in Salamanca. Of course, I fell in love with the city... It was the perfect mix of small-town and cosmopolitan lifestyles. I am looking for something similar & wanted to be in the South. I traveled the Northern parts pretty extensively during my last trip, but didn't get to the south at all. I am currently thinking about Granada... wanting to stear clear of the beach towns due to the huge influx of foreigners (like me!!!)

Ok, I'm rambling... I would love some suggestions as all I know about Spain is Salamanca.... Thanks all! Lindsay

#19100 - 03/27/01 12:35 AM Re: city suggestions???
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
You must go to Cuenca, at least for a few days or more. Two not to be missed white towns in Andalucia are Cazorla, in the mountains north of Granada, and Grazalema, between Sevilla and Ronda. You need a car to get to any of these places. Few tourists in either of these places, even then, the tourists are Spanish. We liked Sevilla lots better than Granada, but to each his own.
Happy travels!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2960 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments