Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#18518 - 01/13/01 12:54 AM Besalu
eloura Offline

Loc: Heathcote, Victoria, Australia
We are travelling to Madrid on 26th March this year. We have a europass, and want to
see Barcelona and Besalu. Any info on transport, accomodation, places to see around
Besalu would be great. This is our first trip. Thanks

#18519 - 01/13/01 09:52 AM Re: Besalu
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wow. I thought I'd heard of most cities/towns in Spain, but never of Besalu. Anyone heard of it? Guess I'd better get out one of my Spain guide books......

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#18520 - 01/13/01 08:00 PM Re: Besalu
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Hi, Eloura!
I visited Besalú for the first time in the summer of '99, and will definitely be going again this summer. It's an enchanting little place. Just walking across the bridge into town is wonderful. The various members of my family make annual trips to Besalú, and we all eat in the same restaurant - Cúria Reil, on the Plaça Llibertat. Just wander through the town and you'll find it. It's excellent. You can sit inside, surrounded by the stone walls, or outside overlooking the river and the bridge.

Since I stay with friends and family when I'm in Spain, I tend to be pretty useless for information on transportation and accomodations. I do have a pamphlet from Besalú with a list of places that rent rooms. Here's that info:

Cal Parent
Av. Lluís Companys, 6-8
tel. 972-59-01-10

R. Maria
Plaça Llibertat, 15
tel 972-59-01-06

Venencia
calle Mayor
tel 972-59-12-57

(Tourism office tel. 972-59-12-40)

Some of the other places in the Costa Brava area I like are Peratallada (very old town practically carved out of stone), and especially Pals, perched on its hill. Ullastret, with its 4,000 year old Iberian ruins, is worth a trip. The towns along the coast are charming. The scenery along the coast is positively breathtaking. La Bisbal is a good place to buy ceramics.

Have a great trip. Let us know if you come across anything interesting. I'll be in that area this summer, and would love to hear from you!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1585 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments