Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#18282 - 10/31/00 09:44 PM Looking fior thngs to do 1 week in Barcelona from Nov 22 to 28,
JOHN Offline

Loc: NY
I am planning on spending a week in Barcelona from Nov 22 to Nov 28, and would like to hear all suggestions, partying, touring etc....

#18283 - 11/01/00 01:16 AM Re: Looking fior thngs to do 1 week in Barcelona from Nov 22 to 28,
nicholas Offline

Loc: san diego, ca. u.s.a. (granada...
i haven't spent a great deal of time in barcelona. my suggestions will be some of the standard fare. as for sites, you'll want to see the antoni gaudi's sagrada familia, wander around the barri gotic and the cathedral, and walk down las ramblas. as for things i enjoyed: the museu picasso, the casa mila and the view from montjuic.

#18284 - 11/02/00 02:41 PM Re: Looking fior thngs to do 1 week in Barcelona from Nov 22 to 28,
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
TWO YEARS AGO I TRAVELLED TO BARCELONA. IT IS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CITIES I HAVE EVER SEEN. THERE ARE MANY THINGS TO DO THERE. CHECK OUT THESE CLUBS, OTTO ZUTZ( 15 LINCOLN)AND UNIVERSAL. OTTO ZUTZ PLAYS TOP40/RAP UPSTAIRS AND TECHNO DOWNSTAIRS. UNIVERSAL HAS A HUGE BAR UPSTAIRS AND PLAYS JAZZ. DOWNSTAIRS IS WHERE THE PARTYING BEGINS WITH TECHNO.I HEAR THAT A CLUB CALLED BIKINI IS EXCELLENT THOUGH I HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE.THE CLUBS MENTIONED HAVE A MIX OF YOUNG PROFESSIONALS AND COLLEGE STUDENTS.ENJOY!

#18285 - 11/02/00 04:21 PM Re: Looking fior thngs to do 1 week in Barcelona from Nov 22 to 28,
NJmaria Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Hi John,

I just got back from Spain last week and we were able to visit Barcelona. Since we only have limited time, we used their Bus Turistic tour. It's a hop-on/hop-off type of tour (like the Big Apple tours around NY) with I think 27 stops covering the major tourist sites including Gaudi's. Of course we didn't cover all the sites but we only "hopped off" at the sites we're interested in. We bought our tickets from Barcelona airport Information counter, but I think you can buy it from the bus as well. It's 2000 pesetas for one day (from 9 AM to 9 PM). Sorry, I forgot how much the 2-day tickets cost. For each ticket you buy, you also get a thick coupon book with museum, restaurant and store discounts. If you decide to try this tour just make sure not to take it on Mondays which unfortunately we did. Some of the sites are closed on Mondays.

Hope this helps.

....NJmaria

#18286 - 11/02/00 05:17 PM Re: Looking fior thngs to do 1 week in Barcelona from Nov 22 to 28,
jude Offline

Don,t leave the Gaudi experience at thae cathedral, visit Parc Guell and the building with the famous chimney pots just north of the Placa Cataluya. Out stay in Barcelona was truly memorable and I am sure there is plenty for all of all ages. Enjoy you trip!

#18287 - 11/03/00 06:17 PM Re: Looking fior thngs to do 1 week in Barcelona from Nov 22 to 28,
Amy Offline

Loc: Fort Lauderdale, FL USA
We just got back from Barcelona on Tuesday and thought it was the most beautiful city. If you like to shop you'll find some great stores along Passeig De Gracia and Avenue Diagonal. We thought the Plaza over by the Arc de Triomphe was nice at night with all the local people out. We also enjoyed Parc Guell. You may want to take the 24 bus up to the Parc since it will let you off across from the entrance to the Parc. The Tourist Bus will take you near the entrance but the Parc is still a hike up. Enjoy.

#18288 - 11/03/00 06:38 PM Re: Looking fior thngs to do 1 week in Barcelona from Nov 22 to 28,
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
The first time I went to Barcelona, a bunch of us had rented a car and driven there from Salamanca. Due to some interesting escapades along the way, and almost having the car confiscated by the police (because I accidently cut them off. oops). We got there at four in the morning.

While everybody else went to sleep in the car, my friend and I talked for a while and then went for a walk. At the time I knew nothing about Gaudi, had never seen pictures, or anything. I remember turning a corner and right in front of us was that apartment building with the skull balconies. With the warm yellow/orange light of the sunrise on it, it was one of the most breathtaking moments in my life. It was so dramatic and beautiful.

Having high expectations of a place can often ruin the reality when you get there, but Barcelona is delicious eye candy for architecture-lovers. All of Spain is really, but Barcelona is a real treat, because it is so different. I recently read a great book titled, appopriately, "Barecelona," by australian journalist Robert Hughes. It is a hefty read, but well worth it. I can't wait to go back, now that I know more about the history of the city, its people and architecture.
If you have some time before you go, you might consider checking it out.

#18289 - 11/29/00 10:38 PM Re: Looking fior thngs to do 1 week in Barcelona from Nov 22 to 28,
Luvtofiddle Offline

Loc: Post Falls Id usa
try checkingout Monserrat! Its a monistary west(I believe) of Barcelona. Very cool

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1810 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments