Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#18040 - 09/12/00 09:00 AM lectures, radio, etc
Mike Offline

Loc: Northampton, MA USA
While some may look for bars(and don't get me wrong, I too will be a frequenter), I am looking for boring, or not so boring, lectures to listen to. I have found that the relatively slow pace of lecture conversation is ideal for my comprehension level. I am thinking--libraries, museums--as possible locales for listening. Any particular likely sites(any library in Madrid with a lecture program?) would be greatly appreciated. Also is there a Madrid radio station that is primarily news, talk a la NPR(National Public Radio) in the States?
Many thanks. Mike

#18041 - 09/12/00 09:34 AM Re: lectures, radio, etc
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
You will find interesting FNAC. It is a big book and music store in Sol (Madrid). You can go to a room where you can sit and read a book while you listen music. Sometimes they have conferences in the same building.

#18042 - 09/13/00 06:15 PM Re: lectures, radio, etc
connie Offline

Check out the Circulo de Bellas Artes, C/ Marqués de la Casa Riera, 2, Metro: Banco de España. They offer a wide range of cultural events, from exhibitions and concerts to lectures and talks. Their website is http://www.circulobellasartes.com

#18043 - 09/18/00 08:55 AM Re: lectures, radio, etc
WDJunior Offline

Hi Mike!
Check out the following links for listenig to some news and interesting talk on spanish radio: www.ondacero.es www.cope.es www.cadenaser.es
Start Real Audio and have fun!

#18044 - 09/18/00 09:40 AM Re: lectures, radio, etc
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Mike, the above suggestions are excellent. You might also consider Radio Exterior de España (I believe it's broadcast from Madrid, but as far as I've noticed they speak with castillian accents). You can listen in both RealAudio and Windows Media Player and can find the direct link to this and all others in Spain on my MadridMan's Spain Radio, TV, Music, & Movies page. Enjoy!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1642 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments