Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#91454 - 08/12/12 06:41 PM Fishing and camping close to Madrid?
colenot Offline

Ok all you outdoors people.

I'd like to take my 4 yr old fishing for the day and possibly camping too.

Is there a lake/spot close to Madrid where I can take my son fishing? Anyone know from experience? (Let me know if there is camping there too)

Thanks!

#91455 - 08/13/12 07:30 AM Re: Fishing and camping close to Madrid? [Re: colenot]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Hey no fishing experience in Madrid but these sites are where my family and friends have gone in the past.

at Valmayor, the end of the reservoir on the road carretera Galapagar-El Escorial, also by Toledo in Azutan near the press and at the end of Alcaudete.

You can see if allowed still at casa de campo, and the park Juan Carlos I and Manzanares.

hope it helps

#91681 - 11/15/12 08:38 AM Re: Fishing and camping close to Madrid? [Re: pedmar]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
The November issue of Spain.info has information about camping near Madrid. The address is www.spain.info

#91697 - 11/19/12 10:54 AM Re: Fishing and camping close to Madrid? [Re: jacmom]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hey, colenot, did you ever find camping/fishing near Madrid? I'd be interested to hear about that, too.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#91702 - 11/19/12 01:37 PM Re: Fishing and camping close to Madrid? [Re: MadridMan]
colenot Offline

Thanks for the info, jacmom. I'll browse the site and see what I can come up with.

In the end, the only thing I read was at the park Juan Carlos (or something), there was fishing there.

I decided to wait. What I need to do is get an international license and rent a car, then I'll be able to go anywhere.

Does anyone know where I can take my US Drivers license in Madrid and get an international drivers license version of it?

I know you can do it at an AAA office in the states, but there is no AAA here.

Thanks!

#91710 - 11/19/12 08:08 PM AAA International Driving Permit [Re: colenot]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
colenot, it seems you can apply for a AAA (American Auto Association) International Driver PERMIT online/by mail. Go to this AAA page, download and fill out the form. They even say that if you're already overseas:
Quote:
ALREADY OVERSEAS?? If you are currently overseas you can mail your completed application to the following office and address:

AAA/IDP
1000 AAA Drive
Heathrow, FL 32746

Attn: Mail Stop #28

Please allow 4-6 weeks for return mail unless additional postage for
express mail service is included with the application.
Funds must be in U.S. dollars. For this option acceptable forms of payment are U.S. bank check or money order payable to AAA and these major credit cards with expiration date- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card. Applicants name and mailing address must be printed on the check, and IDP will not be mailed until check has cleared.
(If credit card option is chosen, please include number, expiration date, and note authorizing AAA to charge $15. If you need your IDP to be mailed back to you using an expedited mail service [UPS, Fed-Ex] authorization for the additional charges will need to be included.)

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3025 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments