Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#90243 - 12/01/11 12:03 AM Where to stay for only 24hrs in Madrid?
grinder Offline

Great site....been reading up for a couple of days.

I am looking for recommendations on what part of Madrid to stay in for a short time.

I will be in Madrid for a total of 24 hours. Plane lands at 8am and I am taking a train out of Chamartin Station (to San Sebastian) the next morning.

Looking for the best area for some rapid-fire daytime sightseeing and a nice selection of bars for some evening drinks smile

I guess I am asking if Chamartin will be convenient to reach from anywhere in city, or should I planning on staying close by?

Thanks.

#90244 - 12/01/11 03:21 PM Re: Where to stay for only 24hrs in Madrid? [Re: grinder]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Chamartin is nice out of tourist central, plaza de castilla has nice bars, and down to line 10 Santiago Bernabeu even more. See the Kio towers in plaza de castilla, and then head down to the center for more sightseeing.

#90254 - 12/06/11 06:00 PM Re: Where to stay for only 24hrs in Madrid? [Re: pedmar]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
I would stay in the center, you can get either the metro or Cercanias train direct from Sol to Chamartin in the morning. The Cercanias would be the quicker as its only a couple of stops, check out the timetable on the Renfe website

#90258 - 12/09/11 04:33 AM Re: Where to stay for only 24hrs in Madrid? [Re: eskimo joe]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I, too, would stay in the center. The "jaunt" from the Old Center to Chamartin is pretty easy. I'd stay anywhere around Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, Gran Vía areas for some quick sight-seeing and bar-hopping at night. And you couldn't go wrong staying around the Plaza Santa Ana, either.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90262 - 12/09/11 11:51 AM Re: Where to stay for only 24hrs in Madrid? [Re: MadridMan]
Crisco Offline

I agree-stay in a hostal or hotel in the center.Just give yourself plenty of time in the morning to get to Chamartin-it will be busy morning rush hour.On the annoucement board it appears as the train to Bilbao so make sure you sit in the correct seat because the train splits!I took that train to San Sebastian last October.I thought it would fun but not much in the way of interesting scenery.It was comfortable and they show a movie w/free headsets. It was long -about 5 hrs........!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mah-g, Ricardo Mata
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1756 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments