Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#24746 - 11/03/06 07:37 AM Lanjaron, Granada- is it worth a 3 hour drive??
edel Offline

Loc: Almeria/Dublin
Hi,
Myself and my parents are going to be in spain from the 17th december - 8 Jan and we were thinking of doing an overnight from our house in Turre, Almeria to Lanjaron to go and visit the area (my dad) and to use the Spa (myself & Mum) but is there anything to see up there and is the Spa any good? I have looked on the websites and found some info about places to stay and the Spa, but I would love some first hand info on the area. I have been skiing up there many times but have never been that side of the mountain, any ideas would be great!

#24747 - 11/10/06 09:34 AM Re: Lanjaron, Granada- is it worth a 3 hour drive??
edel Offline

so it looks like Lanjaron isnt anyones favourite place!!!

#24748 - 11/13/06 01:08 AM Re: Lanjaron, Granada- is it worth a 3 hour drive??
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
I was in that area this summer, particularly Pampaneira, which is a very quaint village nearby. I found it very nice, but I have no idea how it would be in winter. The architecture is really unique. That whole area, the Alpujarras, is the area featured in Chris Stewart's book, Driving Over Lemons. I think it's very much worth it.

#24749 - 11/18/06 04:34 PM Re: Lanjaron, Granada- is it worth a 3 hour drive??
edel Offline

yeah i have read the three of his books, the last one was boring! but the first two werent bad, i think we might give it a go and if we do i will post some info about the spa!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2625 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments