Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#23530 - 01/28/05 04:37 PM has anyone been to Valencia?
VannieNY Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
i still haven't decided whether i'll explore Madrid or go in the Andalucia region (which i really have a big interest in). anyway are there hostels in Valencia? it looks like a nice place, is there plenty to see & do? how about nightlife? i like museums, shopping and people watching and eating, lol.

#23531 - 01/28/05 04:55 PM Re: has anyone been to Valencia?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
VannieNY, I believe you'll find some postings about "hostales" in Valencia in the "Hostels & Other Lodgings" forum.

Have you conducted a SEARCH using VALENCIA as your keyword here in this forum? It might turn up some useful, previous threads. Anyone have any new, fresh information about Valencia for VannieNY?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#23532 - 01/28/05 06:10 PM Re: has anyone been to Valencia?
VannieNY Offline

thanks MM, i was going to do that but i've actually had work to do in the last few hours, i'll do a search when i get home. i've done a search online and i think i'm likking Valencia more and more. it doesn't seem to be a big tourist area although there's lots to see, which i like, lol. wink

#23533 - 01/29/05 05:16 AM Re: has anyone been to Valencia?
sincopated Offline

Loc: New York
Hey there,

Valencia's really great. I've been twice, but in the spring and summer. As it's right on the water, I'd recommend going in the warmer weather. The beach is relatively clean and very wide, and there are museums, churches and plenty of things to see. If you really want an experience, go during Fallas (March or April) - you won't believe your eyes, and you'll have a ton of fun. good luck!

#23534 - 01/29/05 12:36 PM Re: has anyone been to Valencia?
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Hi Vanny,

I've been to Valencia and I thought it was a really nice place. Not as much to do as in Madrid, but still a really nice town and a really nice and interesting park to the west of town.

Unfortunately, we didn't stay at a hostal there. When I got off of the train, I searched the hostals by the train station, and they were pretty run down. We stayed at a very nice 3 star hotel, that wasn't far from the train station. It cost about 80 euros a night, which, considering how nice the hotel was, was a bargain.

#23535 - 01/31/05 03:12 PM Re: has anyone been to Valencia?
VannieNY Offline

thanks for the tips guys, if i find anythinh else out, i'll post it as well.

#23536 - 01/31/05 03:40 PM Re: has anyone been to Valencia?
VannieNY Offline

another question, i did a search on www.hostels.com and it had 2 names for the location: Valencia & Valencia de Alcantar? does anyone know the difference? are these 2 places near each other?

#23537 - 01/31/05 08:25 PM Re: has anyone been to Valencia?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I can't answer you question about the two Valencias but keep in mind that the name "Valencia" is three things: 1) the name of the Province, 2) the name of "la comunidad", & 3) the name of the city.

There are two hostels ("hostales") and one youth hostel ("albergue juvenil") in Valencia City which have websites. You can find their links @ http://www.SpainHostels.com/links/Valencia/Valencia/Valencia/

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#23538 - 02/01/05 03:50 AM Re: has anyone been to Valencia?
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
Nooooooo... Valencia is far away feom Valencia de Alcántara. You are looking for Valencia, only Valencia.

#23539 - 02/01/05 02:06 PM Re: has anyone been to Valencia?
GuiaGuiri Offline

Loc: New England, USA/València, Esp...
The Hostal Castelar used to be my favorite, but they sold out (they looked over the main Plaza), there is another very good hostal, Hostal Moratin, on Calle Moratin, which is off of Calle de las Barcas, right behind the Plaza del Ayuntmiento - it is well kept and moderatly priced. If you are adventurous try the Hostal del Cid tucked away in the gothic quarter, it is quite special, lol. The Cid is low priced but neat and clean, it is in the middle of everything - I chuckle because it's location is very colorful. When are you planning to go?
Gazpacho is correct in that there is not as much to do in Valencia as in Madrid, but the nightlife is great. Go to C/ Caballeros at night (between C/ Quart and Plaza de la Virgen), also try the nightclub area centered on Calle Juan Llorens, it all begins to perc at around 11pm. There are several interesting museums, and there are several private collections open to the public, there are three or four theaters, and the people watching is great. For restaurants, try 'El Rall" - you will need a reservation - or Bar Rausell on C/ Angel Guimera. For tapas, try Tasca Angel, but be prepared to hover at the door until the owner finds you a place to perch (it is well worth the wait).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2728 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments