Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#24454 - 02/01/06 04:57 PM Majadahonda
imask8r Offline

Loc: Denver Colorado
Hola todos--

I'm looking for specific information about Majadahonda. Have done alot of research on line but not found out answers to these questions:

1. Is there a metro/bus line from Majadahonda that takes you into downtown Madrid?
2. Is it a reasonable place to rent for a year?
3. Are dogs allowed on public transportation?
4. Does Spain recognize service dogs?
I picked this suburb as I know it has a skating rink..and at age 55 I've GOT to skate! However, my husband is an artist and I"m a sculptor, so if anyone knows a reasonable artsy part of town I'd appreciate hearing about it.
As I said we hope to be in Spain a year, and I hope to give back to this forum.
Thanks y mil gracias...Janis

#24455 - 02/01/06 06:57 PM Re: Majadahonda
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Hi Janis,

I lived in Majadahonda for 5 years, although I think other posters have lived there more recently than I. Anyway, I can tell you that there is no metro, but the buses are very convenient. As for being reasonable, do you mean price-wise, or other-wise? I like Majadahonda a lot - it's much more open than the city, with lots of parks and green areas, but it's still very close to everything. Almost everyone lives in apartments/condos, and I'm sure you can find something to rent.

If you plan to rely on public transportation, be sure you're either close to the rink or there's a bus that you can take there. Majadahonda covers quite a large area!

Service dogs are allowed on public transportation - I don't know about other dogs - I doubt it. But Spain does recognize service dogs. I had a friend there who trained one.

I'm not aware of an artsier part of Majadahonda, but Madrid's so close!

Good luck with your move!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2386 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments