Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#24320 - 10/04/05 04:32 PM One day & night in Madrid-What MUST we see?
shanellnumber5 Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN , USA
My husband and I have one day and night in Madrid between flights and we want to make the most of it since neither of us has ever been to Europe.
What must a young, active couple not miss??

#24321 - 10/04/05 08:20 PM Re: One day & night in Madrid-What MUST we see?
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Hello shanellnumber5,

My suggestion would be: Wake up 8 a.m. or 9 and get yourself a breakfast of churros and coffee. Then head over to the Prado. At lunch, about 2, go try some tapas, morcilla and calamares. Take a walk in Retiro, which is very close to the Prado. Then take a walk to Puerto del Sol, and Plaza Mayor which is very close and sit outside and have a mirienda (snack) and a drink, or two.

Then I would take a nice walk to Plaza Espana. I would then take a small nap and then enjoy some of the night life, of which, I'm sorry to say, since I'm an early riser, I don't know too much about. I hope someone else can help you there.

If you don't feel like walking that much, buy a diez veces metro ticket.

#24322 - 10/06/05 03:58 AM Re: One day & night in Madrid-What MUST we see?
YZYZ Offline

Loc: Madrid
There is obviously much to see and do in Madrid to keep you occupied for a long time. It really depends on your interests. Art, architecture,culture, history, shopping, etc? Depending on your interests the day can be spent in many different ways. For me, I could spend an entire day at the Reina Sofia art museum.

Night life, the best opportunities are to be found around Plaza de Santa Ana, south of Sol metro station. There are tons of bars, nightclubs, and restaurants around there that will make you wish that you had more than one night in Madrid.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2405 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments