Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#24185 - 08/04/05 03:02 AM Madrid for the first-time
caramel Offline

Loc: Manila, Philippines
Hi!

My parents, sister and I will be travelling to Madrid in October for 3-nights and I have already racked my brains out trying to search the internet so I wanted to ask you experienced travellers if the list of attractions I will list down is enough for 3-nights.

Prado Museum
Palacio Real
Reina Sofia Museum
Plaza Mayor, Puerto del Sol

I was also reading that Seville and Granada are great places to go to. Would a day-tour to any of these places be possible?

Any additional ideas with be most welcome!

Thanks!

#24186 - 08/04/05 04:13 AM Re: Madrid for the first-time
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Hi,
If you are in Madrid for a short time and would like to go on a day-trip I would recommend either Toledo or Segovia. These are like living museums and are a lot closer to Madrid than Sevilla or Granada. You may suffer from overkill if you try to visit all 3 museums you mentioned - there's enough to see in one museum to keep you enthralled for one holiday. Of course you should see the Plaza Mayor; the Puerta del Sol is somewhere you're bound to come across at some stage.
Anyway, I hope you have a marvellous time

#24187 - 08/04/05 09:41 PM Re: Madrid for the first-time
callet Offline

I recommend that you take the time to visit the Gran Via (Madrid's version of Times Square, New York). Don't just visit museums and big attractions - the secret to knowing a culture is going to the less visited areas. Visit Cuatro Caminos (one of the most diverse neighborhoods in Madrid) and Lavapies (considered by some the most dangerous neighborhood in the city). Spend maybe an hour there eating at some of the fine Asian restaurants along the narrow alleys during the day time. Of course, visit El Retiro park and el Rastro if you can as well.

Have a good time!

-Callet (short for Calle Topete, the best street in Madrid =)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1846 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments