Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#23127 - 07/27/04 05:21 PM Postcard: What city is this???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
See the below postcard and please tell me/us the following:

Name of City:
Name of Country:
Name of building in foreground:

It's quite possible this is not even in Spain but somewhere in Latin America. Does anyone recognize it? I don't. I doubt it's in Madrid but MAYBE somewhere else in Spain but it doesn't look familiar to me at all. I'm not even sure it's in Spain. Someone's trying to find this information for a contest. Let's help him if possible, but he only has about 2 days before he needs the answer. Thanks! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#23128 - 07/27/04 06:26 PM Re: Postcard: What city is this???
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
It so happens, MM, that I am a deltiologist, a post card collector! Without seeing the information in the back it is hard to find the location. I'll check my south America Collection.

Saludos,
Carmen

#23129 - 07/27/04 07:04 PM Re: Postcard: What city is this???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thanks for checking, Booklady. Is it possible "Saludos desde.." could also be Portuguese? Maybe it's Brazil!?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#23130 - 07/27/04 08:38 PM Re: Postcard: What city is this???
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
I have many friends that have lived in various parts of Latin America and the world. We have a website to keep in touch, so I posted the pic on our website and hopefully somebody will recognize it soon.

#23131 - 07/27/04 08:59 PM Re: Postcard: What city is this???
soccersd Offline

Loc: student
Thats Mexico city the white building is Palacio de Bellas Artes and the tall building on the right is la Torre Latino Americana

#23132 - 07/27/04 09:32 PM Re: Postcard: What city is this???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Woo Hoo!!!! Are you sure about that?? Thanks!!!

EDIT: Yup! Sure enough! I did some research and THAT'S the building and THAT'S the city! It's Mexico City, Ciudad de México D.F.. Thanks, soccersd!!!

#23133 - 08/04/04 09:48 PM Re: Postcard: What city is this???
mencey Offline
Executive Member

How about an update on the contest MM?

#23134 - 08/05/04 06:47 AM Re: Postcard: What city is this???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hi mencey, & Al. wink

Well, you know how it is..... There's no update on the contest. That person was looking for this information along with others and it seems that we've filled THIS part of his "order". No idea how it went and ... well... you know... I don't expect we'll here any results. Oh well. If he DOES contact me I'd bet it would be several months later after the results are in, counted, and the winner decided and.... I doubt we'll here any more from him. That's the way it goes.

Saludos, MadridMan

#23135 - 08/05/04 09:31 PM Re: Postcard: What city is this???
mencey Offline
Executive Member

So...what your saying is "we've been USED!!!"

#23136 - 08/05/04 09:50 PM Re: Postcard: What city is this???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hehheee... I sent him an email this afternoon and politely requested an UPDATE. Let's see if we/I get one. I'll keep you posted. laugh

Saludos, MadridMan

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1598 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments