Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#22857 - 04/22/04 01:25 PM Itinerary - Southern Spain
Yaz Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi, I will be in Spain/Portugal from June 7-21. I would like to visit Seville, Granada, and Cordoba between June 16-20. My return flight leaves from Madrid on June 21st, and would like to back in Madrid the night before. What is the best route to take from madrid.

1. Madrid-Cordoba-Seville-Granada-Madrid
2. Madrid-Seville-Cordoba-Granada-Madrid

Also, how many days should I stay in Cordoba, Seville and Granada. Unfortunately, I'm only limited to the 4 days in total, as I will be in Portugal during the beginning of my trip.

#22858 - 04/22/04 01:39 PM Re: Itinerary - Southern Spain
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
1. Madrid-Cordoba-Seville-Granada-Madrid

This would be my choice. If you use the AVE train to Córboba, you can actually see the sites in one day without spending then night. Then you could bus or train on to Sevilla. From Sevilla, you could also do a day trip to Jerez and/or Cádiz or to some of the white pueblos such as Los Arcos and Ronda.

Granada is wonderful as well. It all depends on how you want to spend your time. You have time to enjoy them all.

#22859 - 04/22/04 02:06 PM Re: Itinerary - Southern Spain
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
I would agree...Córdoba can be done without spending a night.

I've been there twice: the first time, I spent about 8 hours...more than enough time; the second time, I stayed a night. My husband wanted to see the city and originally suggested we spend three days. I was able to negotiate down to the one night, after which he finally conceded that one night was too much.

It's not that Córdoba is bad...it's just that when you compare it to Sevilla and/or Granada...it doesn't hold a candle. Moreover, most of what you want to see is quite close. The Roman/Moor Bridge is right next door to the Alhambra. Surrounding the Alhambra you have the Jewish ghetto.

A day should do it. Spend more time in Granada.

Sheryl

#22860 - 04/22/04 09:21 PM Re: Itinerary - Southern Spain
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I think she means the Mezquita because the Alhambra is THE site to see in Granada. It is incredible!!!

#22861 - 04/22/04 10:52 PM Re: Itinerary - Southern Spain
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
Oops...you're right...I was thinking about Granada and writing in response to Córdoba.

I have to say, though, that the Mezquita disappoints me. Not for its history, obviously, but for what Christian Spain did to it. The renovations are wonderful, yet they actually make it (the deformation, that is) more obvious.

Sheryl

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2086 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments