Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#22749 - 03/30/04 11:17 PM Madrid to Aranjuez: Strawberry Train
El Dougo Offline

Anybody take the Tren de la Fresa , the steam engine train where they serve strawberries? Did you enjoy it?

#22750 - 03/31/04 04:50 AM Re: Madrid to Aranjuez: Strawberry Train
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
No, I didn't, but I'll surely do it this year. It always attracted me, but never could find the moment.

I wanted just to point you out that the English version of the page is out-of-date, showing the schedule for 2003. The Spanish version Tren de la Fresa (Spanish) is updated. The trains starts to operate on the second weekend of May, every Sat and Sun until mid-July, and from the second weekend of Sep to mid-Oct. That's great because the gardens in Aranjuez can be as beautiful in Fall as in Spring and now both options are offered.

#22751 - 03/31/04 05:33 AM Re: Madrid to Aranjuez: Strawberry Train
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
El Dougo, like Torrales, every year I try/want to do this and never find the right time.

Torrales wrote:
Quote:
The trains starts to operate on the second weekend of May, every Sat and Sun until mid-July, and from the second weekend of Sep to mid-Oct.
OH DARN! Are you sure about this? Last April I actually had bought tickets for this trip/tour but had to cancel because of timing. I was looking forward to trying again while there next month (early April). Hopefully that opportunity will present itself and I can give you my review afterwards. People say it's a nice trip but the tour is only given in Spanish.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#22752 - 03/31/04 10:14 AM Re: Madrid to Aranjuez: Strawberry Train
El Dougo Offline

Gracias for the updated web site, Torales. I'm travelling with my mother this spring. Seems like a nice laid-back thing to do. Anybody know of any on-line travel agencies where one could book the trip?

Update, Apr. 30, 2004: Seems there's no way you can make a reservation (Renfe telephone reservations) , unless you know someone in Spain. If you make reservations on the phone, you must pick up tickets with 48 hours at a Renfe agency. Also, the dates on the Tren page (today) are probably not correct. Today it lists May 4, 5... whereas before it said May 8, 9... It may (today) show the 2002 dates! It's always run on Saturday and Sunday before.

Update: May 1, 2004: Well, today they have a new 2004 page!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1603 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments