Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#22301 - 11/02/03 09:05 AM paper factory/Sevilla
justretired Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
We are leaving for a 16 day trip to Spain on Tuesday. We will be in Sevilla for 3 days. I am a watercolor artist and a teacher recently remembered that when he was last in Sevilla ( several years ago), he visited a paper making factory. Does anyone know if such a factory is still in operation and whether we could visit. My husband speaks Spanish.

Also, does anyone know of a good artist supply store in Madrid, Seville, or Granada? Someone told me that artists paints are sold at hardware stores- true?

We're busily trying to organize last minute stuff. Thanks to all of you for all your help over the past few months of planning.

Margret

#22302 - 11/02/03 09:31 AM Re: paper factory/Sevilla
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Can you find out the name of the paper-making factory? That would help in finding if it still exists. Thanks and good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#22303 - 11/02/03 10:28 AM Re: paper factory/Sevilla
justretired Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Unfortunately, my teacher could not remember the name of the factory. I know it's a lot to ask, but I was hoping that maybe someone would know of one in Sevilla ( or Madrid and Granada, for that matter).

Thanks all,

Margret

#22304 - 11/02/03 09:54 PM Re: paper factory/Sevilla
JA Offline

Loc: usa
I did a couple of searches in Sp. and I did not find anything directly directed to your question.

I did find an interesting site dealing with the history of paper in Spain (in Spanish). http://www.aspapel.es/upload/historia.pdf

A call to the tourist bureau or your reference librarian might help.
Good luck,

Juan

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1939 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments