Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#22265 - 10/12/03 11:08 PM Girona, what to do?
Amy11 Offline

Loc: Oxnard, CA USA
Mi novio and i will be arriving in Girona on Monday November 24th. confused We will be catching the night train to Sevilla. Anything to do while we wait?

gracias.

#22266 - 10/13/03 06:43 AM Re: Girona, what to do?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Would that be an all-preferente all-sleeper Talgo to Sevilla from Barcelona? Dep. Barcelona-Sants around 22:30; arr. Sevilla Santa Justa 08:20. A nice, comfortable ride w/2-person compartments (upper & lower): compartments have a sink (W/C at the end of the Carriage).

There's a mini-market in Barcelona-Sants station where you can buy cold cuts, bread, drinks, etc. I was in the last car, 7-cars from the Cafe-car so I was happy to have 'brought my own' on board.

If you have several hours at the station you should be able to check your bags for a while and wander about. Look for 'consignments.'

#22267 - 10/21/03 09:16 PM Re: Girona, what to do?
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
Amy-

I fell in love with Girona when I visited in the fall of 2002. In fact, I arrived with my friends and was only supposed to stay one night but ending up telling my friends to go ahead without me and stayed another.

The old, hilly quarter has one of the best preserved juderias in all of Spain. You could wander this area for hours. There's a very helpful tourismo by the river that will arm you with a good map and plenty of ideas for the day. If you want to try some pinchos (basque tapas but presented like works of art wink ) there's a great tapas bar in the old town. I'll post the name later when I can find it! wink

#22268 - 10/22/03 12:36 AM Re: Girona, what to do?
Amy11 Offline

Loc: Oxnard, CA USA
muchisimas gracias, however our plans have changed. we are leaving Girona no sooner we get there to head on our way to Barcelona. So NOW we are trying to find ways, cheaply to Barcelona... i think i made that statement on another post on another page.

thank you all the same, maybe me and him can get a snack at this place you are speaking of. smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1568 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments