Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21590 - 01/21/03 10:22 PM Semana Santa in Zamora & Salamanca
plumepoppy Offline

Loc: canada
Hi everyone! I've read that Semana Santa in Zamora is quite elaborate. Can I stay in Salamanca and travel to Zamora every day or is it better to stay in Zamora? I'd like to see Semana Santa in both Salamanca and Zamora on alternate days. I know, I know, you can't have everything in life but ... Any hotels in Zamora that I should look into? Thanks!

#21591 - 01/22/03 08:08 AM Re: Semana Santa in Zamora & Salamanca
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
You may have problems to find accommodation in Zamora during the Holly Week. Zamora is a small city with no many hotels/hostels. The Semana Santa in Zamora is regarded as international tourist attraction and thus lots of people visit Zamora during that season.

As for the Zamora-Salamacan trip, there is a very good bus service with buses every hour.

#21592 - 01/22/03 07:18 PM Re: Semana Santa in Zamora & Salamanca
plumepoppy Offline

Thanks Antonio for your helpful information! Now, I have a last question. Will there be any inter-city bus and trains running on Easter Sunday. For example, could I leave Zamora for Salamanca (or vice versa) by bus on Easter Sunday late afternoon. Or would I have to wait until Monday. Gracias!

#21593 - 01/23/03 07:19 PM Re: Semana Santa in Zamora & Salamanca
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
I found a timetable for Zamora - Salamanca buses . It's not the bus company website so check it with them in case there is any changes. It seems that there are fewer buses on bank holidays (especially if the university is closed). This bus line is heavily used by students from Zamora who go to the Salamanca university.

#21594 - 01/24/03 07:58 PM Re: Semana Santa in Zamora & Salamanca
plumepoppy Offline

Thank you Antonio. You are truly a darling. I can read in my crystal ball that one day there will be a Plaza del Chelo in Madrid with your statue. You certainly deserve it. I promise to be there for the unveiling.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1570 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments