Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21580 - 01/15/03 08:51 PM Nerja: Carnival dates?
granada94 Offline

Loc: West Haven, CT
Hola!
Can anyone confirm when Carnival is in Nerja? I believe it's the first week of Feb. Help

Gracias
Debbie

#21581 - 01/16/03 02:38 AM Re: Nerja: Carnival dates?
Miguelito Offline

I don't know if there is a special date for Nerja, but this year the Carnival is from 28th of february to 5th of March.

#21582 - 01/16/03 11:21 AM Re: Nerja: Carnival dates?
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
What Carnival?!!! I am in that area during that time and would love to know more!!!

#21583 - 01/17/03 03:28 AM Re: Nerja: Carnival dates?
Miguelito Offline

The most famous carnival of Andalucia is Cádiz one. They sing chirigotas with very funny words, of course this year will be someones about the Prestige. Everybody goes dressed with costumes on Friday and Saturday. Hotels will be full.
I don't know about Nerja or the other places in Andalucia, but probably there will be some customes parties, parades and chirigotas.

#21584 - 01/17/03 05:46 AM Re: Nerja: Carnival dates?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
At http://www.carnavaldecadiz.com/ it says the dates for the 2003 Carnaval de Cádiz are 27 Febrero to 9 March. Not sure if they're the same dates as in Nerja or not.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#21585 - 01/17/03 10:08 AM Re: Nerja: Carnival dates?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Miguelito writes:
Quote:
The most famous carnival of Andalucia is Cádiz one. They sing chirigotas with very funny words, of course this year will be someones about the Prestige.
And they sing and play toda la noche!
Quote:
Everybody goes dressed with costumes on Friday and Saturday. Hotels will be full.
and Sunday and Monday and until Wednesday morning, 5 March ('Ash Wednesday,' the beginning of the Christian season of Lent). cool
I looked at CarnavalenCadiz.com and I don't understand their idea of trying to 'stretch' the dates for Carnaval to the first Sunday of Lent. rolleyes
I guess they figure they've got a good thing going and they just want to 'milk it' as long as possible.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments