Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21156 - 08/25/02 10:24 PM Galicia or Valencia?
alejandro Offline

Loc: Texas
I am making my second trip to Spain in September! From Madrid, I am going to meet a friend who has been studying in Salamanca. From there, we are thinking of heading up to Galicia or across to Valencia. Eventually, I want to visit both areas, but I do not think I can do both on this trip. Does anyone have some suggestions or strong preferences for one over the other that might help my decision? Thanks in advance!

#21157 - 08/26/02 12:02 PM Re: Galicia or Valencia?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Weather could be a factor, but as far as I'm concerned, September is a great time to visit Galicia. The first time I visited Galicia was in September of 1988, and I remember that, especially in Santiago de Compostela, the fall crisp air, together with the occasional "llovizna" [misting rain] added something mystical to the ambience.

If you're into a little warmer weather, and that's your only criteria, you would better be served by visiting Valencia. We're not talking toasty hot, but certainly a little more temperate than Galicia.

I vote for Galicia... smile

#21158 - 08/27/02 02:15 AM Re: Galicia or Valencia?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
I vote for Galicia also. I have visited Spain three times, for a total of nine weeks. I have been to almost all the provinces. Galicia is my favorite, particularly Santiago and La Coruña. Galicia has fantastic food, friendly people, beautiful coastlines, great architecture and history, few tourists. Weather could still be excellent in September, but do expect some rain. Have a great trip!

#21159 - 08/27/02 11:33 AM Re: Galicia or Valencia?
toddy Offline

Loc: USA
VALENCIA VALENCIA VALENCIA
They have the best Paella in Spain, GREAT nightlife, great people, and a beautiful warm coastline!

#21160 - 08/27/02 11:53 PM Re: Galicia or Valencia?
alejandro Offline

Loc: Texas
Thank you for your helpful suggestions. It looks like my trip may not happen after all as the friend I was going to see had to cut his stay short because a good friend was killed in San Francisco. I feel terrible for him.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1876 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments