Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21028 - 07/24/02 07:30 AM Fishing in Madrid?? Is there?
Aliosha Offline

Looking for a nice park by the lake where it's safe for kids to play and where adults could fish,have BBQ perhaps or suntan.Some provincial park or in wild outdoors????

#21029 - 07/24/02 10:51 AM Re: Fishing in Madrid?? Is there?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Good question. Does anyone know if fishing is allowed at the lake at Casa de Campo? And if so, are licenses required? And if so, how does one get one? And if so... just ignore me. hehehe.. wink

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#21030 - 07/24/02 06:17 PM Re: Fishing in Madrid?? Is there?
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
We used to go to the Embalse de Valmayor (out toward el Escorial) with the kids to fish, wander around, and relax. It's a very nice, quiet place, although there is a bit of a trash problem - a problem I found in most large parks and park-like areas around Madrid. It's almost impossible to avoid. Anyway, check the link for plenty of information about the fish available, etc. (It's all in Spanish.)

(Woops, sorry - I just saw in another post that you know little Spanish! Basically, it's free fishing, and they have mostly carp (we call them sunnies - they're easy to catch, even with just bread) and occasionally bass and "boga" - I don't know what that is. There's a small local map on the website, but first you should go to the town of Valdemorillo and follow signs to the urbanizaciónes. We always headed to the urb. El Paraíso, and when we saw the water, we headed toward it. Again - it's a very nice place. We have friends - 2 families - who have moved there, they liked it so much!)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1642 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments