Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#20711 - 05/02/02 03:06 PM Where should I go?
Rubia Offline

I will have 25 days in August to travel freely around Spain and I want opinions on where I should go. Here are the places I have already been: San Sebastián (lived there for 5 weeks), Vitoria (lived there for 7 weeks), Madrid (will have lived there for 4 weeks), Alicante (will have lived there for 4 weeks), Bilbao (spent 1 day there), Burgos (spent 1 day there), Toledo (will have spent 1 day there), Segovia (will have spent 1 day there). Of course I am open to returning to any of these places, particularly the ones where I spent only a short time there if anyone thinks it would be worth the trip. I plan the return to San Sab and also to go to Barcelona. Any other suggestions (besides Sevilla because I plan on going there too). Thanks in advance!

#20712 - 05/02/02 06:31 PM Re: Where should I go?
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Looks like you have yet to see Galicia. Definitely worth a visit as I am sure many board members will concur. Of course I would always go back to San Sebastian too!

Valencia (capital) is also obviously missing from your list of visited cities.

Have a great trip!

#20713 - 05/03/02 05:57 AM Re: Where should I go?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I am a great fan of Cantabria: From the Picos de Europa, San Vicente de la Barquera, Santillana del Mar to the Capital of Santander (especially el Sardinero), then eastward to Laredo and Limpias ... About the only notable place in the Province/Autonomous Community I have not visited is Garabandal, where reported Marian Apparitions occurred in the early 1960's.

But I also love Galicia, especially Pontevedra.

Both areas will be quite crowded with Spanish and (other) European tourists in the month of August

#20714 - 05/03/02 09:36 AM Re: Where should I go?
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
Madrid city center party "Virgen de la Paloma" takes place in the middle of August. I highly recommend this street night party for those of you who are going to be in Madrid.

Regards,
Andrés

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2218 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments