Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#20686 - 04/21/02 03:52 PM 12 days in July. What to do?
Promethean Offline

Loc: Toronto
My wife and I are planning twelve days in Spain at the beginning of July. We know we'd like to spend 4 days in Madrid and 4 days in Barcelona. Does anyone have suggestions about how to structure the rest of the trip?

Thanks,

Peter

#20687 - 04/21/02 06:58 PM Re: 12 days in July. What to do?
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
My piece of advice: 2 days on Madrid and 2 days on Barcelona (though you may stary 4 days on each if you are going to visit the places surrounding them).

There are lots of things to do and lots of places to visit smile Try the south of Spain (Córdoba, Granada, Sevilla), or perhaps the north (Galicia, Asturias, País Vasco).

Search for this regions wink

Fernando

#20688 - 04/22/02 05:49 AM Re: 12 days in July. What to do?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Promethean writes:
Quote:
... twelve days in Spain at the beginning of July ...like to spend 4 days in Madrid and 4 days in Barcelona.
For a first timer, 4-days is about right for Madrid (day trips to Toledo and Segovia). Last July, I made a circuit Madrid-Santander (4-days)-Barcelona (2-days), overnight train to Sevilla. The (late July) weather on the north coast was quite cool and rainy. I took Continental-Auto Motorcoach Madrid-Santander (6-hours) and Alsa Motorcoach Santander-Barcelona. The latter was 9-hours (including a 1-hour meal/rest stop)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1605 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments