Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#20647 - 04/05/02 10:50 AM Madrid:Pl.Santa Cruz-construction?
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Having read previous posts on the message board about it, I'm wondering if anyone knows if the construction around the Plaza Santa Cruz is finished or are things still "en obras"?

I'll probably be staying in the Hotel Plaza Mayor this summer and am wondering how torn up that area is going to be.

#20648 - 04/05/02 12:00 PM Re: Madrid:Pl.Santa Cruz-construction?
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
No, it seems to have finished at last. Watch out for a stone outline of a church that they've incorporated into yhe paving to show the ruins of a church they found there while digging. Now, the Plaza santa Ana is another matter...

#20649 - 04/05/02 05:43 PM Re: Madrid:Pl.Santa Cruz-construction?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
As Barry said, it´s totally finished and looks quite nice. I was there a few days ago and have a number of photos.. even one of the Hotel Plaza Mayor. They finally have a nice view tot he plaza! FINALLY!

Another plaza (yet, OFF TOPIC), Plaza Santa Ana, is still totally under heavy reconstruction. What a dusty, noisy place that is right now. Poor Barry.. what a nasty life that must be for you these months (Barry lives along one of the side, though I´m not sure which side as yet... EITHER side must be incredible though).

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#20650 - 04/05/02 05:56 PM Re: Madrid:Pl.Santa Cruz-construction?
barry Offline

Hey MadridMan, if you've still got time, come and find out. I'm at Plaza Santa Ana 1, 3 izquierda. Phone number: 91 531 22 58. I'll be at home all day tomorrow after another gruelling night at work. And the invitation's open to anyone who happens to be passing by or through., whenever that may be.

#20651 - 04/05/02 06:18 PM Re: Madrid:Pl.Santa Cruz-construction?
wyndyl Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
You are aware that we're all reading these posts... rolleyes

Some of us might just take you up on that offer...

Wyndy wink

#20652 - 04/05/02 06:50 PM Re: Madrid:Pl.Santa Cruz-construction?
barry Offline

Of course. Everyone's welcome. I'm no Martha Stewart, but I love entertaining. Sorry about not making it back to the chatroom, though

#20653 - 04/06/02 12:33 AM Re: Madrid:Pl.Santa Cruz-construction?
wyndyl Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Let me know what are the best times to drop by or what times are not recommeded...I work nights so appreciate a lot of sleep during most of the day laugh

I'll be there from 5, May till the 8th...

Wyndy wink

#20654 - 04/16/02 05:48 PM Re: Madrid:Pl.Santa Cruz-construction?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Here are a few photos I took on April 2, 2002 of the finished product of Plaza Santa Cruz: Photo 1 , Photo 2 , & Photo 3 . Lis49, you can see Hotel Plaza Mayor in the Photo 2. They once again have a great view of the Plaza and nearby walls of the Plaza Mayor.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#20655 - 04/17/02 08:37 AM Re: Madrid:Pl.Santa Cruz-construction?
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Thank you so much, Madridman, for the pictures of the Plaza Santa Cruz. Though I've been to Madrid several times before, I've never stayed on the Plaza Santa Cruz, so it's great to see pictures of my soon-to-be home away from home!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1863 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments