Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#20483 - 03/17/02 11:24 AM Madrid to Costa Blanca
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
I'm helping an adult couple plan 1 week and want to suggest this intinerary based on what I've read and what they're looking for. Any comments greatly appreciated.
Day 1-arrive in Madrid, rent car and go straight to Toledo and spend 2 nights.
Day 3-Up early drive to Murcia/Alicante/Elche area.Stay 2 nights
Day 5-drive to Cuenca,Stay 1 night at Parador
Day 6&7 Madrid
This would be last week of June. They want a combo of history and art but do want to squeeze in some R&R w/palm trees in a not too contrived tourist area.

#20484 - 03/17/02 01:00 PM Re: Madrid to Costa Blanca
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Karenwishart writes:
Quote:
I'm helping an adult couple plan 1 week and want to suggest this intinerary based on what I've read and what they're looking for. Any comments greatly appreciated.
This would be last week of June. They want a combo of history and art but do want to squeeze in some R&R w/palm trees in a not too contrived tourist area.
Hey, Karen: It's Costa Blanca (not Blanco)!

It's a pretty long drive from Toledo to Alicante (5-hours?). There's not much to see along the way (until you get to Elche). Tell them to buy a Christmas lottery ticket there. Past 2-years el Gordo tocó, first in Campello, then in Elche.

Maybe I am just an old 'stick in the mud,' but for 1-week I wouldn't stray that far. Toledo is fine for the first 2-nights. Then they could go to Segovia for a couple of nights and explore places like Pedraza or maybe even El Escorial (for the San Lorenzo monastery). cool

When they get back to Madrid, I recommend they drop off the rental car and get around using public transportation. Driving (and parking) in Madrid can be more of a burden than a benefit.
Yes, but what do we do with our luggage? You're going to a very warm place. You should be able to pack light; and by the time you get back to Madrid you should have divested yourselves of much expendible (disposible) stuff. eek

You say they want history and art. Forget about Costa Blance! What I would do next is return to Madrid and take AVE to Sevilla. Spend days # 3 & 4 (2-nights) in Sevilla. Day #5 back to Madrid for leisurely visits to Museo del Prado, Palacio Réal, Centro de Arte de la Reina Sofia, etc., etc., and some serious shopping. rolleyes

#20485 - 03/17/02 01:58 PM Re: Madrid to Costa Blanca
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
Thanks Eddie: I agree with everything you're saying and I'm planning to have them look at these comments.I had suggested the same thing but it's so hard to convince people who haven't been to Spain to skip trying to get out the Mediteranean in a 7 day trip.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1609 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments