Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#11593 - 08/21/01 10:32 PM Segovia to Salamanca via Avila - train or bus
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I have yet more question on transportation for my upcoming trip (only 37 days left but who's counting!).

We are going from Segovia to Salmanca, where we are spending 2 nights, and want to make a day trip to Avila along the route. I've checked the Segovia to Avila route out on the RENFE site and don't believe there is train service so we will be taking the bus.

According to my Rick Steve's book, the Avila bus terminal does not have storage lockers. Can anyone confirm this?

If so, we will go to the train station and store our luggage there. Does anyone know the distance between the train and bus stations in Avila?

Is there a reason to take the bus versus the TRD train from Avila to Salamanca if we have to go the train station store our luggage anyways?

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: CathyM ]

#11594 - 08/27/01 07:43 PM Re: Segovia to Salamanca via Avila - train or bus
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
I don't know much about whether the bus or train is better between Avila and Salamanca, but I do know that the bus runs often. It is the company Auto-Res that goes between the two cities. Maybe look into the schedules, perhaps the time fits better than the train and that would make your decision easier.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2052 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments