Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#11572 - 08/20/01 10:12 PM Madrid airport to Toledo
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I will be arriving in Madrid with a girlfriend on Friday morning, September 28th. We are immediately going to spend to evenings in Toledo.

How should we get to Toledo?
1) negotiate a taxi to go directly to Toledo hotel from Madrid airport
2) taxi from airport to Atocha station; train to Toledo; taxi from Toledo train station to hotel
3) taxi from airport to bus terminal; bus to Toledo; taxi from Toledo bus terminal to hotel

I know the taxi is not the most inexpensive method but if it is not TOO expensive I may consider it for the convenience after a very long flight. wink

#11573 - 08/20/01 11:48 PM Re: Madrid airport to Toledo
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
I'd suggest option 2 or 3. A taxi to Toledo would cost at least a lung...perhaps a lung and a kidney! The driver would be justified in asking for the fare back to Madrid IF you could find a driver to take you to Toledo!

I prefer the bus to the train for short distances like this. The hours are very flexible, the trip is usually shorter, and the seats are usually comfy enough for you to doze if you really wanted to en route. Toledo is small enough so that a taxi won't cost much.

#11574 - 08/21/01 05:37 AM Re: Madrid airport to Toledo
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
You might take a taxi to Estación Sur de Autobus (On 2 June that trip cost ESP 3.000 for 2-people with luggage); and a bus to Toledo. At that time of year they may allow you an early check-in at your hotel so you can 'crash' for a couple of hours. rolleyes

#11575 - 08/21/01 06:16 AM Re: Madrid airport to Toledo
aerocity Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hi CathyM!
A taxi or private car ride from the airport to Toledo would be the most convenient way and should cost you about 25.000 pesetas or 140 USD. It would take about 1 hour drive door to door. If you decide to take a taxi right at the airport without any reservation, be sure to negotiate the price in advance, in order to avoid last minute surprises!
Other options would take longer and more complex, but would cost you half this price.
Have a nice trip!

#11576 - 08/22/01 09:09 PM Re: Madrid airport to Toledo
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
Thanks everyone. I'm so glad I stumbled on to this board. Everyone is so informative and very little sarcasm, bad language, etc...

I've decided to take the aerocity van to either Atocha and take the train or the bus station to take the bus - it's a toss up for me at this point!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1612 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments