Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#11365 - 06/13/01 11:23 AM Getting from Lisbon to Benalmadena
SilvyinLA Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, California USA
I am arriving in Lisbon at 9:30PM.
Is there any way to get to Benalmadena on an overnight train or bus that night?
How can I find out this type of information before I go so I reserve my checkin on the right date? Any help on this route would be appreciated!!

Silvy

#11366 - 06/14/01 05:23 AM Re: Getting from Lisbon to Benalmadena
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
I don't see anyway you could do it overnight, at least by train. Lisbon is in Portugal - there are international trains between Lisbon and Madrid. From Madrid you can take the train to Malaga, and then take the local suburban line to Benalmadena.

The Lisbon-Madrid train appears to be overnight only and leaves Lisbon at 10pm, arriving in Madrid at 8am the next day. It doesn't look like you'll have time to catch it on the evening you arrive.

[ 06-14-2001: Message edited by: El Boqueron ]

#11367 - 06/14/01 05:34 AM Re: Getting from Lisbon to Benalmadena
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
The only overnight train I know of takes you thru Madrid. Try http://www.eurolines.es
for bus info (Lisbon-Malaga). But the bus is a day-run that departs Lisbon at 07:00. Residencial Estrela do Saldanha is walking distance to Lisbon's main bus terminal on Avda. de la Republica, 17. E-mail Restrela@esoterica.pt
Tell co-owner/manager Carlos Ferreira that I sent you. He'll treat you well. :p

#11368 - 06/14/01 06:14 AM Re: Getting from Lisbon to Benalmadena
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Eddie - if I read it right, that 7am Malaga bus only travels on Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday, right? Judging by its "horario" it would appear to pass through Benalmadena, but no stop is scheduled (but it stops at Fuengirola and Torremolinos, which are either side of it).

#11369 - 06/14/01 08:47 AM Re: Getting from Lisbon to Benalmadena
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Yes, it doesn't run every day, but it runs more frequently in the Summer time. There's also one listed for Fridays that goes by way of Antequera.
That's precisely why I referred Silvy to the Eurolines web site.
BTW
She might be able to catch the Luisitania Express (train) at Oriente station, which is much closer to Lisbon's Portela airport and from which it will depart about 15-minutes after Santa Apolonia. It would be a tight squeeze. eek

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2493 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments