Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#11084 - 04/25/01 11:48 PM Need help for Malaga, toledo transportation
mmchong Offline

Hi !

My husband and i are going to southern Madrid for 13 days, and we are going to start our vacation from Malaga. My rough plan is as follow :

Malaga - Ronda -Granada(1 night) - sevilla (4 nights, plan to take some side trip)- cordoba(1 night) - toledo(1 night) - madrid(3 nights) - Segovia (1 night) - madrid(2nights)
Will there be any bus from Malaga to Ronda or other near smaill village ? Will there be any bus from cordoba to toledo ? Should i consider to rent a car ?

Any suggestion to my plan ? Any interesting towns that i should visit ?

I would like to watch the bullfight at Madrid, does anyone knows whether it is held everyday or a particular day ?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Ming

#11085 - 04/26/01 08:30 AM Re: Need help for Malaga, toledo transportation
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
If you land in Malaga and plan to stay in Granada the same night, then going to visit Ronda the same day is adventurous, to say the least. Improbable and impossible are the first words to spring to mind, actually. It will entail several hours travel on a bus just to get there and back to Malaga, then your journey to Granada afterwards makes it a no-no, I'm afraid. Rest of it sounds good though. You don't need a car in the cities, so if there's just the two of you, I would probably use trains and buses to travel between your ports of call.

#11086 - 04/26/01 09:56 AM Re: Need help for Malaga, toledo transportation
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
I agree with Anchovy about your first leg. Straight off your flight you're going to kill yourselves. Stay in Ronda for the night - it's worth it. The character of the town changes, and the day trippers up from the coast go away. It's a beautiful place just to stroll around on a spring night.

#11087 - 04/26/01 10:04 AM Re: Need help for Malaga, toledo transportation
mmchong Offline

Thanks for your info.

If that is the case, i guess i should either stay in Ronda and go to Sevilla the next day.

Any other nice villages along the way from Malaga to Ronda, and Ronda to Sevilla ?

Cheers,
Ming ming

#11088 - 04/26/01 11:51 AM Re: Need help for Malaga, toledo transportation
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Hi Ming Ming! I recently went to Sevilla via Ronda and about fifteen kilometres or so after leaving Ronda the road is cut, as it must be repaired after the heavy rain of the winter. If it is repaired already, look out for the turning to Zahara and take this road. (Incidentally, for anybody reading this who is thinking of going to Zahara de los Atunes, ignore this one, as it is a different Zahara! De las Cortes, I think, but I'm not sure)

Anyway, this little detour is well worth the small amount of extra time on the journey, as you go past a big lake / reservoir and the village is charming. At this time of the year the Ronda - Sevilla road is just beautiful, with wild flowers everywhere. It looks like an oil painting! smile

#11089 - 04/26/01 01:35 PM Re: Need help for Malaga, toledo transportation
jgross Offline

Loc: Madrid
Whether or not there are bullfights depends on the time of year. You can get information on bullfights in Madrid at http://www.las-ventas.com

#11090 - 04/26/01 03:05 PM Re: Need help for Malaga, toledo transportation
mmchong Offline

Hi and thanks everyone.

Anchovy, Zahara sound good to me, do you know if there is any bus from either Ronda or sevilla will reach there. Actually i am thinking of going to the White village too, i can't remember the name, might be Jerez...., and if those places are not accessible by bus, then i guess i need to rent a car.

Jgross, thanks for the website link, but they are in spanish, so i do not understand a single word. I will be there in July, and i hope the bullfight will be regular during that time ,so i won't miss it.

Cheers,
Ming ming

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2647 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments