Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#10447 - 01/24/01 04:24 PM Sevilla to Algeciras
elizabeth_morrow Offline

Loc: washington,dc,usa
mcclark:
did you take a bus or rent a car from Algeciras to Cadiz and then another bus/car from Cadiz to Algeciras? also -- how long was the trip from Algeciras to Cadiz ?
thank you

I am going to Spain and Morocco for vacation - I'll be going from Madrid to Sevilla and then from there to Algeciras to catch a ferry to Morocco. Has anyone else done such a trip? What is the best means of transportation to get from Sevilla to Algeciras?

[This message has been edited by elizabeth_morrow (edited 01-25-2001).]

#10448 - 01/25/01 12:35 PM Re: Sevilla to Algeciras
mclarke Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
Elizabeth

We took the bus. Our entire Andalusia trip was via bus. The bus service was excellent -- clean, comfortable and 98% punctual. Yes, we took the bus from Algeciras to Cadiz -- the view was so breathtaking, passing through Tarifa, capital of seasufring. It took around 2 hours. If you are planning to go to Morocco, they now have the fast ferry ship that would only take you 30 minutes to Tangier from Algeciras. I do not know how much it will costs.

[This message has been edited by mclarke (edited 01-26-2001).]

#10449 - 01/25/01 10:06 PM Re: Sevilla to Algeciras
gt4715b Offline

there is no direct train route between algeciras and sevilla. The best bet is to take the bus. I guide book like Let's Go has the location and phone number of the bus stations. I believe it takes about 3.5-4hrs. I say believe because me and 4 other people actually took a cab from algeciras to sevilla! it only took 2 hours(he was speeding), but costs us 25,000 ptas.

[This message has been edited by gt4715b (edited 01-25-2001).]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2592 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments