Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#10352 - 01/17/01 10:01 PM parking at hostales (Madrid)
sampipers Offline

Loc: Arlington,
Will be in Madrid for two or three days Easter weekend, with rental car from airport, prior to driving east and south.
Would like good, cheap hostal, with place to park a renal car while in town.
Suggestions?
Or should we stay further out from city center? If so, suggestions?
Or, should we not rent car until Monday morning after Easter, and do public trans, with all our gear (kind of a lot)?
Thanks,
Sam

#10353 - 01/18/01 08:34 AM Re: parking at hostales (Madrid)
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Sampipers

We had the same dilemma. We are going to Madrid in August for two nights and then travelling onwards with a hire car.

We are staying at Hostal Martin (who I believe do have a car park) for 2 nights and picking up the rental car on the 2nd morning from near Atocha railway station, then returning it at the end of the holiday to the airport.

We booked the rental carthrough Aerocity ( http://www.aerocity.com/ )with the extremely helpful Celia. She went out of her way to get what we wanted and in the most convenient way.

This solution seemed the most hassle free way, especially as we will have our three chilren and luggage with us.

I can't see any point in having a rental car parked near a hostal for days it will not be used when you can pick one up downtown.

Hope this is useful.

Jo-Anne

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 01-18-2001).]

#10354 - 01/18/01 09:36 AM Re: parking at hostales (Madrid)
sampipers Offline

Thanks, Jo-Anne,

Very helpful reply. Good to know you can rent downtown, and return to airport. And good to have a rental agency and name.
Thanks very much.
Sam

#10355 - 01/18/01 12:01 PM Re: parking at hostales (Madrid)
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

sampipers

Glad to be of help.

Are you from Arlington - Boston, USA?

If so, my 12 yr old son was lucky enough to visit there last October (from UK) on a music exchange, and had a wonderful time.

I know there is another Arlington, but I'm not sure where that is!

Good luck with sorting out your hols.

Jo-Anne

#10356 - 01/18/01 12:56 PM Re: parking at hostales (Madrid)
sampipers Offline

Jo-Anne,

Yes, we're from Arlington, Mass.
Can you tell me the approximate price of the car you got from Aero? How much comparison shopping did you do?
If you've done all the comparison shopping, and found best service and price, maybe I don't have to! :-)
You did say you can rent in Madrid and return to airport right? That's a feature we need.
Sam

#10357 - 01/18/01 01:41 PM Re: parking at hostales (Madrid)
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

sampipers

The cost of the car hire we have booked with Aerocity (using National ATESA) is less than 89,000 pts for 17 days. This is for a small car. CDW and TP are included along with 500 km per day.

I did a lot of shopping around, and could maybe have got something a bit cheaper, but I felt happy with what Aerocity offered with the added bonus that Celia is so helpful and attentive which is very reassuring for car hire novices like us.

Yes, we are picking up the car at one of several downtown offices (this one happens to be in a street alongside Atocha railway station) and returning it to the office at the airport.

Someone else has posted that they used Aerocity too, but I can't remember who! Maybe if you use the 'search' thingy you can find out who. If I get a moment, later, I will have a look.

The place my son stayed in Arlington was Kensington Park - mean anything to you? I know I know, it's probably a huge place and a stupid question!

Jo-Anne

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1574 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments