Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#10093 - 11/06/00 03:24 PM safety in chamartin station (Madrid)
leuci Offline

Upon arrival in Madrid, I will be going directly from the airport to Chamartin station, where I may have a wait of an hour or more for a train to Burgos. I've been to Spain several times without incident, and I've had pleasant experiences riding the rails, but I've never used Chamartin station. Since I've been reading and hearing a lot lately about increased crime in Madrid, I'm a bit concerned. I am female, traveling solo, with a small suitcase and a backpack. Is the waiting area pretty secure? Any advice?

Thanks!

#10094 - 11/06/00 04:02 PM Re: safety in chamartin station (Madrid)
Leche Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Chamartin station is fine especially during the day. Wait in the main common areas instead of the platforms though if it's night.

Leche

#10095 - 11/07/00 04:52 AM Re: safety in chamartin station (Madrid)
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Have you thought about taking a bus? Continental-Auto busses serve Burgos from Avenida de America multimodal transportation center. You can get to the Avda de America on the Metro from Barajas w/just one change (Mar de Cristal). It's about a 2.5 hour bus ride.
BTW
Chamartin is much more 'user friendly' than Puerta de Atocha. If you do take the train, there's a little store on the west end (inside the station) where you can buy some snacks/beverages for the train.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments