Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#91105 - 06/10/12 07:51 AM Madrid: Meeting friends between flights at Barajas
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
We have a flight to Spain next week with a four hour layover at Barajas before our connecting flight to Santiago. Some friends have offered to meet us. Has anyone done this before? To me, it seems a little risky with the time. We are flying Iberia both flights, so I imagine the terminal won't change. Would our friends be able to walk through security to meet us or is it like it is here in the US where you must be a ticketed passenger? If not, then will it be easy for us to exit and re-enter after a visit of a couple hours?

#91108 - 06/10/12 09:49 AM Re: Madrid: Meeting friends between flights at Barajas [Re: teachertraveler8]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You shouldn't have any trouble leaving the terminal and then going back in. I assume your luggage will be checked all the way through.

My sister did this just a few months ago, Terminal 4, and also had a 4-hour layover. I went to meet her there for lunch, she came out and we ate in the terminal. She only had to go back through security with her ticket and passport - as only ticketed passengers can go back through security to the gates, just like in the USA. You won't have any problem.

Saludos, MadridMan thumbsup

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#91116 - 06/10/12 02:09 PM Re: Madrid: Meeting friends between flights at Barajas [Re: MadridMan]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I would double check your terminal for the continuing flight. T4 is for international flights, and if you are continuing on with Iberia to a Spain destination, you might be in T1 or T2. Not sure.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1895 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments