Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#89974 - 09/06/11 03:34 PM Senior Pass on RENFE?
capt jack Offline

Does anyone know if RENFE offers a Senior Pass for discounted train travel? If they do, how do I obtain one? Are they available to Non-EU persons? And finally, if so, can I buy one here in the States, or is it only available in Spain?

Edited by capt jack (09/06/11 03:35 PM)
Edit Reason: correction

#89982 - 09/10/11 09:41 AM Re: Senior Pass on RENFE? [Re: capt jack]
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
I bought my Tarjeta Dorada at the Malaga Renfe station in May. I just needed to show them my American Passport. The card also is good on the Cercanias. Below is the info on the RENFE website. It is a very good bargain.

People are entitled to the Tarjeta Dorada Card if they are over 60 years old, or are in receipt of a pension being over 18 years old, with a permanent, total or absolute physical or mental impairment or severe disability that has been officially declared, or have a level of disability equal to or more than 65%. For this last group of people, the words "AND TRAVELLING COMPANION" will be printed on the card, which will allow another person to travel with the same terms of discount.

The Dorada Card is valid for one year and can be requested at Renfe stations, ticket offices and travel agencies for 5 Euros. There is also the option of obtaining a Tarjeta Dorada linked to credit and debit cards issued by some banks.

25% to 40%. Dorada Card holders, 25% from Monday to Friday. 40% Saturdays and Sundays.

#89986 - 09/11/11 04:54 PM Re: Senior Pass on RENFE? [Re: Arturo]
Silver Traveler Offline

Loc: LaGrange (Near Atlanta) Georgi...
You might also check on discounted tickets on the RENFE site up to 62 1/2 days prior to the day of your travel. Can be ordered and printed on line if you can navigate the web page. Lots of people are having difficutly in doing that from the states it appars.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1658 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments