Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#89037 - 01/31/11 12:29 PM How to fight jet-lag
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Most Spain-bound flights from the US are overnight, arriving the next morning. (still middle of the night for us) My question is, What do you do to fight it? I have read to avoid both caffeine and alcohol, but what is Spain without some Spanish wine and a cafe con leche? I tend to eat or drink what I feel like. It doesn't seem to make much difference. I try to sleep on the plane (with the help of ambien) and brace myself to keep going until bedtime. (which on my last trip ended up being 3 am because my son went out with Spanish teens and that's what time he got back. Not the best plan)Are the first few days kind of washed up because of exhaustion or is there a secret?

#89038 - 01/31/11 02:21 PM Re: How to fight jet-lag [Re: teachertraveler8]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
Not an expert by any means, but I had no problem last May. I was supposed to leave from Philadelphia a bit earlier, but instead left around 9 pm. I had a glass of wine before boarding, had their meal on the plane. As soon as that was done and they turned down the lights, I put the seat back a bit, put on earphones, covered up, used a neck pillow, but put it under my chin (keeps your head in better position and your mouth from falling open - haha)and donned a sleep mask. I must have looked a sight, but I knew no one on the plane and I slept soundly until the bustle started for drinks before landing. I arrived fairly well rested in London. I think I also slept a bit from London to Madrid, but did not doo anything special for that flight. I arrived wide awake and ready to go. I will try that again this May when I head back with my husband to see Juliana graduate.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2343 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments