Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#87057 - 04/11/10 12:14 AM Madrid to Granada by bus
granada94 Offline

Loc: West Haven, CT
I used to traveling via plane between Madrid and Granada, but it appears that airfare is going to prevent that journey this trip. Is it true that Barajas now has a bus terminal with ALSA in the airport? I keep seeing T4 pop up in Barajas when researching. Help
Thank you in advance! Debbie

#87059 - 04/11/10 07:27 AM Re: Madrid to Granada by bus [Re: granada94]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
you can travel by bus and see more enjoy more ,in my opinion. I have done it by car only.
do not know of bus terminal at airport, usually you need to get into Madrid proper and yes the company is Alsa
www.alsa.es
can tell you the itineraire. Also the bus station in madrid can tell you schedules and all
http://www.estacionautobusesmadrid.com/frameset.html

hope it helps

#87061 - 04/11/10 12:48 PM Re: Madrid to Granada by bus [Re: pedmar]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
EEEEkkkk . I´ve done that bus ride from Madrid to Granada !! It´s a long journey . You get one stop off for food and drink . I think it was something like 5 hours . Never again ! I would look at RENFE and take the AVE . I´ve done that too and it was very very comfortable and efficient .

#87062 - 04/11/10 01:13 PM Re: Madrid to Granada by bus [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I've done the Madrid-Granada trip both by train and by bus. Sure, the train is much more comfortable, you can get up and walk around, etcetera, takes 4.5 hours and costs 66 Euros as of today.

The Alsa bus, leaving from Madrid Barajas T4 terminal (not sure WHERE you get the bus, though), takes you to Granada in 6 hours and costs 16 Euros.

So the difference between the two is 1.5 hours and 50 Euros. All depends on your comfort level requirements and/or your budget.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87063 - 04/11/10 03:01 PM Re: Madrid to Granada by bus [Re: MadridMan]
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
Though I would suppose after allowing for time to get to the train station the difference will be about an hour
() / ()

#87085 - 04/14/10 06:32 AM Re: Madrid to Granada by bus [Re: Jan D]
Sivalingam Offline

Hi,
I will be coming to Madrid on 20th april night along with my friends and we intend to rent a car. How far is to travel to La manga and what will be cost etc. How is Iberian airlines from MAD-MJV(Murcia). Please tell me is it crowded this time.
Thanks,
Shiva

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2608 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments