Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#86523 - 02/06/10 11:58 AM Best way to visit Toledo for the day
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I would like to take one day to go visit Toledo. In the past, I have been part of a tour group and also I purchased a one day tour through a travel agency. What is my best option? Should I take a bus or train on my own and go around or try to find a tour that is going? I want to visit the Cathedral, the sword shop and wander around the old town a bit...unless anyone has other good suggestions. This is for early April.

Gracias!

#86525 - 02/06/10 12:16 PM Re: Best way to visit Toledo for the day [Re: teachertraveler8]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
the bus get you closer to city center than the train and you get to see more of the local life.In my opinion i take the bus over the train anytime is possible.

of course,not been on public transport there in a long time, nowdays I go by car or friends' cars.

#86528 - 02/06/10 04:29 PM Re: Best way to visit Toledo for the day [Re: pedmar]
Silver Traveler Offline

Loc: LaGrange (Near Atlanta) Georgi...
The train from Atocha in Madrid arrives about 25 minutes from its departure. As you exit the train station, go to the sidewalk on the street and catch the city bus up to Plaza Zodocover. From there you can easily get to the places you mention on your own. Walking is easy, but as you know, it is often up and down the hill! You can get city maps at the train station and check on line before to get the general location. When you get ready to return to the train station, take a taxi ride for the ride of your life! Entrance to the cathederal is now on the side, not the same entrance you would have used on a prior trip. There is a ticket office and shop there, it is well marked. I have not found a tour group to join on my visits there, but have searched out the places on my own.

#86529 - 02/07/10 05:09 AM Re: Best way to visit Toledo for the day [Re: Silver Traveler]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I think Toledo is better by train ... Segovia better by bus .. The walk from Toledo´s very nice railway station is good . If you get an opportunity try the venison in one of Toledo´s restaurants .. Very good . There are many sword shops , some of the best are in the small streets that run down towards the cathedral . I bought a beautiful small knife there .. with a sort of ivory style handle that has an engraving of a stag . I think it was about 25 Euros .

#86532 - 02/07/10 09:45 AM Re: Best way to visit Toledo for the day [Re: steve robinson]
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
I did the train from Atocha and took the bus up the hill, it was soooo easy and a great trip...

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1592 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments