MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#17420 - 10/17/07 04:39 PM new air terminal in madrid
carlos11 Offline

Loc: Florida,USA
Hello to all,
My wife and I will be flying into Madrid from Phl on US Air on March 2,2008.Our problem is,how do we get to the domestic flight terminal to catch Spanair to Jerez? Can anyone help us?

#17421 - 10/17/07 05:35 PM Re: new air terminal in madrid
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Hello Carlos11!

The T4 is directly connected to the T2 by metro. Only one stop separates both terminals, the trip takes about 3 minutes.

You can also take a taxi to cover the 2.5 miles distance, it is not expensive.

Saludos

#17422 - 10/17/07 05:58 PM Re: new air terminal in madrid
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
I don't think a taxi driver will be happy to take you for such a short distance after waiting in a long queue to get a customer.

They must take you wherever you want, but you will probably have to argue with the driver if you are taking a taxi from T4 to T2.

#17423 - 10/17/07 10:21 PM Re: new air terminal in madrid
Vegas baby Offline

Loc: Las Vegas, NV USA
Just walk it, its not too far.

#17424 - 10/18/07 05:32 AM Re: new air terminal in madrid
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Carlos11 writes:
Quote:
My wife and I will be flying into Madrid from Phl on US Air on March 2,2008.Our problem is,how do we get to the domestic flight terminal to catch Spanair to Jerez?
I've flown US Airways PHL-MAD before Terminal #4 opened - they used the old International arrivals Terminal (Terminal #1). It's a 'hike' from Terminal#1 to Terminal#2, and if you ask for help, everyone looks the other way.

Most recent experience was making a connection with SpanAir (Terminal #2) for Santiago last July.

I was supposed to have 90 min. between flights but the US Airways flight arrived late and that wasn't enough. SpanAir held the flight for me.

Check with US Airways a week or so before your trip to find out for sure at which Terminal you will be arriving

#17425 - 10/18/07 05:37 AM Re: new air terminal in madrid
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
Walking between T4 and T2 is not possible. They are in completely different buildings (T1-3 are in the same building and are walkable). Take the shuttle. Taking the metro to T2 will require more walking.

#17426 - 10/18/07 08:11 AM Re: new air terminal in madrid
carlos11 Offline

Loc: Florida,USA
I would like to add that walking any far of a distance is very difficult for me.I had hip replacement surgery early this year and I need to take easy.
MMM,you mentioned taking the shuttle, is it the metro or what?
Thank you all for your comments.

#17427 - 10/18/07 09:17 AM Re: new air terminal in madrid
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
The shuttle is a bus that you catch in front of the terminal. The metro is in the lower level of T4, but the problem is that the metro stop at T2 is further away from the checkin counters than the spot where the shuttle will let you off. I think the shuttle will get you closer to where you need to be.

You might want to request a wheelchair or assistance at T4 from your airline. It can be a pretty long walk to get through immigration, baggage claim and customs, if I remember correctly. Once you exit this part of the airport at T4, it's a short walk to the shuttle.

#17428 - 10/18/07 10:13 AM Re: new air terminal in madrid
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
I believe USAir still flies out of Terminal 1 and Spanair from Terminal 2 since neither were related to Iberia. However, the USAir website does not indicate which terminal it uses, but other websites list it in Terminal 1, not Terminal 4. I last took that flight in August 2005 and have flown it three times, but it was regularly used by people I worked with. It is more freguently 10 to 15 minutes early than late, but given the various airline delays over the past year, no one should count on this. I don't remember ever seeing a shuttle between Terminals 1, 2 or 3. There are some moving sidewalks in the area between the terminals, but it is still a hike. You need to check with your airline to see if they can provide assistance in the transfer if you are mobility impaired.

#17429 - 10/18/07 11:33 AM Re: new air terminal in madrid
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Hi!

ChrisR and the other members are right.
US Airways arrives in Terminal 1.
Spanair flights to Jerez de la Frontera depart from Terminal 2.
Both terminals are toghether. map

Check the AENA web page.
AENA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1618 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments