Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16842 - 08/08/06 04:36 PM London Heathrow to Madrid
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
What airlines other than British Air/ Iberia fly out of LHR into Madrid. I can't seem to find much.

#16843 - 08/09/06 06:00 AM Re: London Heathrow to Madrid
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
As far as I know they are indeed the only operators of direct flights. Hence, you will nearly always get cheaper fares from London Gatwick, not only with BA but also Easyjet.

WWW.traveljungle.co.uk will save you lots of time searching and will also look for indirect flights if time is less important to you than price.

#16844 - 08/09/06 06:23 AM Re: London Heathrow to Madrid
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Jamongris writes:
Quote:
As far as I know they are indeed the only operators of direct flights. Hence, you will nearly always get cheaper fares from London Gatwick, not only with BA but also Easyjet.
When I flew EasyJet London-Madrid it was out of London (Luton) which, as I understood was Easyjet's London 'Hub.' cool

#16845 - 08/09/06 01:57 PM Re: London Heathrow to Madrid
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
Thanks all.
I prefer flying out of LHR because my flight from the U.S.(on Virgin)lands at Heathrow and I'd hate to go straight away to another airport to get into Spain. I used B.A. last time out and liked it. I was just looking to save a few Euros.

Thanks again!

#16846 - 08/10/06 04:30 AM Re: London Heathrow to Madrid
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
Quote:
When I flew EasyJet London-Madrid it was out of London (Luton) which, as I understood was Easyjet's London 'Hub.' [Cool]
Eddie, Easyjet started 10 years ago from London Luton and became by far the biggest airline there. The owners then decided to develop Luton and build a new departures building, and charge all airlines more to use the airport. Note, Luton is not owned by BAA, unlike Stanstead, Gatwick and Heathrow.

Easyjet were against this policy because it contradicted what they were trying to achieve in bringing down European air fares, so they launched a campaign against it which included developing routes out of both Stanstead and Gatwick. While Luton does still have the majority of Easyjet flights Gatwick is now a close second. There ar in the Summer three scheduled Easyjet flights a day to Madrid from Gatwick, in addition to the two from Luton. I suggested Gatwick because Heathrow to Gatwick is marginally easier than Heathrow to Luton.

Easyjet have modified their web site now btw, so when you search for flights from London, you may either specify Luton or Gatwick, or search all of them. There can be significant price differences, especially if one flight has been booked by a group, so it is always worth checking all routes.

Hope you find that useful. thumbsup

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2063 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments