Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14794 - 05/30/04 08:40 PM Valencia Bus Turistico
rharton Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I wasn't sure whether I have picked the right forum (maybe favorite places would have been better) but anyhow we will be in Valencia on Saturday from about noon to 5PM (en route from Madrid to Calpe). We will go to the Cathedral first, but then it seems that almost everything is closed from 2-4. So I was considering taking the 90 minute Valencia Bus Turistico tour during that time frame so that we could see the sights and hear the commentary in English. Has anyone done this bus tour? Is it worth doing????

#14795 - 05/31/04 03:33 AM Re: Valencia Bus Turistico
v diaz Offline

Loc: madrid
As you won't have much time to see anything there, is a good option to take a general vision of the city, and it will take you by the city of science, whose buildings deserves a visit. You don't need to enter those museums, you won't have time to visit them properly, at least look them from outside. In my opinion the buildings itself are more interesting than their content.

Near there is located a much more interesting museum about fallas, small museum, that could be an option if you still have some hours and don't know what to see.

Apart from the Cathedral, Lonja, City of Science etc, i recommend to see the recently renewed modernist style Colon Market, in the center of the city, near the street with the same name.

#14796 - 03/13/06 01:01 PM Re: Valencia Bus Turistico
Vedouze Offline

Hello,
The touristic bus is a good idea, it will save your shoes... wink
I also recommend a walk in Turias gardens and to the Malvarosa beach.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2471 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments