Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#15948 - 07/24/05 11:46 AM Picos de Europa-Palomera buses
CharlieD Offline

I'm planning on spending a few days in the Picos de Europa at the end of August and but due to the limited amount of time I have there I'm trying to plan bus journeys in advance. I understand Palomera has a service between Santander and Potes, and also goes to Fuente De. Does anyone know if there are timetable details available on the internet, or how frequent these services are and approximate times they leave/depart?

#15949 - 07/25/05 05:35 AM Re: Picos de Europa-Palomera buses
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I took a Palomera Bus Santander-Potes: Service is very infrequent. As I recall it departed the main bus station around 09:00 and there was a return trip Potes-Santander around 16:00. At the time (April) they did not go all the way to Fuente-De. That service begins in May; so you shouldn't have any trouble in August.

There's also a daytrip bus from Santander to Fuente-De. It spends a couple of hours at the Fuente-De parking area so one may take the Cable Car up to the top; then it comes back to Potes for dinner (Don't pay the dinner-included rate - it's not worth it!). It gives one plenty of time for dinner and shopping before heading back to Santander.

I have stayed at Hostal Picos de Europa in Potes. It's a nice, friendly place.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2086 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments