Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#15498 - 03/01/05 04:03 PM Inclusive bus pass for Spain
tinker05 Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
In other countries, I have been able to purchase a very convenient bus (sometimes train) pass that's good for x-number of days and/or trips. Is there anything like this for the buses in Spain? I've searched, and determined that there are several bus companies in Spain. Any type of pass that allows travel with more than one bus company? Any more details on the "T" tickets? We are travelling from Madrid to BCN (...kinda leaning towards the train for this leg), then following the coastline south to Almeria, inland to Granada, and then Seville, Cordoba, Toledo, and back to Madrid. This will be over 14-16 days, and we prefer no rush, no hassle, life should be pretty easy when on vacation, right?? I've concluded that the buses are less expensive than trains, but CONVENIENCE is a big word we'd like to use more of on this "poor-man's" vacation! Thanks for any suggestions.

#15499 - 03/02/05 06:22 AM Re: Inclusive bus pass for Spain
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Tinker05 writes:
Quote:
In other countries, I have been able to purchase a very convenient bus (sometimes train) pass that's good for x-number of days and/or trips. Is there anything like this for the buses in Spain? ... Any type of pass that allows travel with more than one bus company?
There's no National Bus Company for Spain. ALSA/Enatcar may claim that distinction, but they're not much in the south. I don't know of any Pass that allows travel on multiple bus company MotorCoaches in Spain, although Secorbus-Socibus and Continental-Auto (north from Madrid) seem to have some sort of partnership agreement. I have travelled on Alsa, Continental-Auto Auto-Res, Secorbus- Socibus, Comes (south from Sevilla) and Damas SA (west from Sevilla) and Viajes Julia (DBA Eurolines). rolleyes
Quote:
... I've concluded that the buses are less expensive than trains, but CONVENIENCE is a big word we'd like to use more of on this "poor-man's" vacation!
You could buy a 1-country railpass or an Iberia-Pass that covers Spain (Renfe) and Portugal (CP) but for buses I guess you have to just 'shop around' (i.e., go to the bus station). For Convenience: Buses serve more places than trains, are cheaper than trains and often run more frequently than trains. cool
BTW
There are several Bus stations in Madrid and Barcelona, 2-in Sevilla

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2051 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments