Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#15275 - 01/13/05 07:15 PM Spain to Morocco
DJC Offline

Loc: Texas
What is the cheapest way to fly from Spain, either Andalusia or Madrid, to Morocco, either Casablanca or Merrakesh? The only rates I have found have been as high as a flight from Miami to Madrid. Thanks.

#15276 - 01/14/05 09:19 AM Re: Spain to Morocco
lngarrison Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
I posted earlier a really cheap way to get to Morocco from Spain if you have the time and don't mind taking a train or bus then a ferry. It depends on where you are, but I took a bus into Algeciras then took a Ferry into Tangiers (ferry was quick and less than $20 roundtrip). You can take a bus or train to any Spanish port town and take a ferry into Morocco. Once in Morocco, you can take a train into any of the major cities. If you want a true feel of Morocco, I would really recommend traveling that way, but make sure you are on your toes!

#15277 - 01/18/05 10:49 AM Re: Spain to Morocco
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
If you are in the planning stages and are not set on flying from Spain, there is a new and fairly reasonable flight on British Airways to Fez, which will put you exactly where you want to be, in the center of the country and by far its most fascinating city.

Aside from that, the previous poster has already mentioned the other cost effective way of getting to Morocco....

oops! forgot to mention, the BA flight is from London.

Tarifa is also a wonderful village in the province of Cadiz, close to Algeciras, which has a shorter ferry to Tangier. They will also shuttle you to and from Algeciras if you have your ticket with them. Algeciras is better connected by bus than Tarifa. Their site is www.frs.es

#15278 - 01/19/05 07:22 AM Re: Spain to Morocco
BCBud Offline

Loc: Victoria, B.C.
I'm doing the same thing. I'm in Madrid 23-26 Jan, Conil 26 Jan-2 Feb(Hope the waves kick @ss, then off to Morrocco for 2 days and up to Cadiz for a couple 'o days for Carnival and back to Madrid for 7th. I think the Tarifa-Tanger ferry is the one I'm gonna do. Have an awesome go. cool

#15279 - 01/19/05 01:31 PM Re: Spain to Morocco
DJC Offline

Loc: Texas
I think yo'all are right. Because we will be going through Andalusia for a while it would be better, and less expensive, to add a day to the trip and take the Tarifa ferry and the night train to Marrakech from Tangier. I had originally planned on finishing up Spain in Madrid and flying from there to Morocco and back to Madrid for the trip home.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2351 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments