Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#14687 - 04/27/04 04:10 PM Malaga to Mijas by Bus
roothy123 Offline

I've found a bus schedule from Malaga to Mijas, but it doesn't indicate how long the trip is, or how much it costs. Does anyone know? I don't want to spend the bucks on a U.S. to Spain phone call! Thanks!

#14688 - 04/27/04 05:26 PM Re: Malaga to Mijas by Bus
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I do not know for certain, but buses are inexpensive. I would guess that it is around 5€ (or less) and I believe that it takes less than an hour. I will look to see if I have more specific info but it might take a day or so.

#14689 - 04/27/04 08:54 PM Re: Malaga to Mijas by Bus
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I just checked the "Estación de Autobuses de Málaga" website @ http://www.estabus.emtsam.es/ (English version available) and IT says there are about 4-buses daily, the trip takes 50 minutes. The bus company making this route is the "CORPORACION ESPAÑOLA DE TRANSPORTES, S.A." (no website) and their telephone number is 902-14-31-44. If you use the 10-10-987 service (like I do consistantly to Spain from the U.S.) + 011-41-902-14-31-44 it'll only cost you (SHOULD only cost you) $.39 to connect then $.03/minute. I call my ladyfriend in Madrid using this all the time and it's cheap cheap cheap. I'm looking at my phone bill now and a 31 minute call cost me $1.32 total. Wow. Cheap.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#14690 - 04/27/04 08:55 PM Re: Malaga to Mijas by Bus
El Dougo Offline

It's only about 17 miles to Mijas. It couldn't take very long or cost too much.

Wow, as you can see by the time, I posted this almost simultaneously with the Madrid Man post above. I didn't see his post first!

There are buses to Fuengirola and Torremolinos every 15 minutes from Malaga, and every 30 minutes from Fuengirola and Torremolinos to Mijas.

#14691 - 04/28/04 05:08 AM Re: Malaga to Mijas by Bus
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
The best way to travel from Malaga to Mijas is:
1. Take the Malaga Fuengirola train from Malaga Centro (across from El Corte Ingles). The train is comfortable and has a/c. Return trip costs about 6 euros. Train leavs every half hour. Trip takes about 50 minutes.
2. Once in Fuengirola it is a 3 minute walk to the Bus station. The bus from Fuengirola to Mijas leaves every 30 Minutes (approx and costs 1 euro (single). It is an aphil trip and takes about 30 minutes.
Hope this helps.

#14692 - 04/29/04 05:03 PM Re: Malaga to Mijas by Bus
roothy123 Offline

Thanks to all of you. I didn't know it was so cheap to call Spain, Madridman. However, I don't know a bit of Spanish, so calling is a bit intimadating - cheap or not cheap! Maybe I'll try the train and bus. The centro station is the main one, closer to the port, not the RENFE station, right?

#14693 - 04/30/04 12:14 AM Re: Malaga to Mijas by Bus
El Dougo Offline

That's right. It's the C1 Cercania. Here's a link to the schedule.

#14694 - 05/01/04 05:29 PM Re: Malaga to Mijas by Bus
roothy123 Offline

Ok. One (hopefully) final question. I know how to get from Malaga to Fuengirola by the Cercania, and have the train schedule. For the bus from Fuengirola to Mijas, is there a schedule posted somewhere, or do the buses just run every 30 minutes? I'm trying to figure out how much dead time I'll have between the train and bus (after I've walked the short distance between the two stations.)

Also, all in all, I guess it's easier/faster to get to Mijas than Frigiliana from Malaga, right, if I don't have a lot of time and no car? Guess I might have to take a taxi from Nerja to Frig, although there IS a bus I think.

#14695 - 05/02/04 12:32 PM Re: Malaga to Mijas by Bus
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
Hi
Since the buses between Fuengirola and Mijas are every 30 minutes, the maximum wait you will have is 30 minutes! The “bus station” or portillo in Fuengirola is in fact a plaza on the corner of two main roads and all the busses stop there. Whilst you wait (if you have to), you can have a coffee in one of the two cafes in the plaza. The bus timetable for Fuengirola-Mijas and return, is displayed on the wall by the ticket office. You don’t have to buy a bust ticket in advance, you just pay as you get on to the bus.
Mijas is worth the visit – it is a quaint white village (pueblo blanco) with lots of narrow streets. If you want some very good quality inexpensive, Spanish food, try to make your way to the bar El Alacon. It is at the top, far end of Mijas and it is a pleasant walk through the village to get these.

Good luck with your trip.
Robbieroy

#14696 - 05/03/04 06:06 AM Re: Malaga to Mijas by Bus
roothy123 Offline

Thanks. About how long a walk is it to the cafe, if you walk slowly? My husband is a slow walker!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2156 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments